Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2009.5 Ford F-150 Diesel Spotted, Could Produce 350 HP

2009.5 Ford F-150 Diesel Spotted, Could Produce 350 HP

medium_2680633244_794001768e_o.jpg

2010 Ford F-150's New 4.4L V8 Diesel Engine Gets Leaked To Internet

44-Liter-Ford-Diesel-Engine.jpg

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i dont like it the body style.. its looking less and less like a truck.. for me the best was untill 1997

the engine is cool tough

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well seeing as the 7.3L and 6.0L can get upwards of 20mpg in some situations... I'd hope that the 4.4L could get 25-30+ mpg :)

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Well seeing as the 7.3L and 6.0L can get upwards of 20mpg in some situations... I'd hope that the 4.4L could get 25-30+ mpg :)

The new ('08) emissions diesels aren't getting anywhere near that. For a D-Max, 17-18 is about the outer limits. Keep in mind diesel also comes with about a buck premium to regular. Sooo... it's an important question. Silverado will be out with a hybrid and a small diesel in '09- make for an interesting Ford vs. the other guys thread when we have more specs.

when i was in italy a few months ago we had a large van (it was a VW) with a little diesel in it. i'm pretty sure we got about 33 mpg out of it. a small diesel is a great option for most people.

it just comes down to math - is the higher priced diesel engine worth the better mpg? its hard, b/c a year a ago if you did that math, gas/diesel were about the same price, now you have to guess how much diesel will be vs gas over the life of the truck

I do hope that's the transport membrane on there (plastic) and not the intended color scheme!

The new ('08) emissions diesels aren't getting anywhere near that. For a D-Max, 17-18 is about the outer limits. Keep in mind diesel also comes with about a buck premium to regular. Sooo... it's an important question. Silverado will be out with a hybrid and a small diesel in '09- make for an interesting Ford vs. the other guys thread when we have more specs.

Here's something Ford is working on, Ernie...

Ethanol-Boosted Gasoline Engines Could Get Higher Fuel Economy, Higher Torque Than Diesels...At Ford?

......and the story from pickup trucks.com

http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/st...-ethanol-boost-engines-replace-diesels-1.html

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Interesting concept. The question, in my own mind, is what ethanol's actual future is- congress nonwithstanding?

"There is a major, outstanding question regarding biofuels in general: Does making alcohol from grain or plant waste really create any new energy? The answer, of course, depends upon whom you ask. The ethanol lobby claims there's a 30 percent net gain in BTU's from ethanol made from corn. Other boosters claim that there are huge energy gains (as much as 700 percent) to be had by making ethanol from grass. Ethanol critics have shown that industry calculations promoting the use of ethanol are bogus. A recent report on ethanol production estimates that making ethanol from corn requires 29 percent more fossil energy than the ethanol fuel itself actually contains."

This new direction you linked to puts ethanol in a proper perspective- as octane booster, not primary fuel source. GM's going along a similiar path, sans ethanol booster. Direct Injection and turbo's will be the norm for smaller powerplants within the next few years.

I also think something else fundamentally changed in the last six months- not long ago, the first two questions you fielded on a pickup was "how much power" and "what'll she tow." Now, there's only one question, it seems "what kind of fuel mileage can I expect."

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts