Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2008 F250 Replace Gauge Face

Bootizm

Love My Ford Truck
Hey guys!
So I successfully installed a new gauge face in my 2008 Super Duty and thought I would post this because I had a heck of a hard time finding how to remove my instrument cluster in the ’08 and newer trucks, so here it is with pictures. If the pictures don’t load just email me and I will send you the ‘how to” that I put together. I bought the new stainless gauge face with red numbers from a guy on ebay for just $19.95, free shipping. It is made my US Speedo but says “Regency” on it. This is way cheaper than the $200 the others cost but is the same quality and I love it! I also bought a set of new needles from a guy on Ebay for just $40 cuz I wanted blue needles on the speedo and tach and kept the old red needles on the four smaller gauges on top. Love it!
I hated the OEM black gauge faces cuz I had a hard time seeing them in the daylight. I also hated the sickly green glow at night. Now it is nice bright stainless steel in the day and super easy to read, and at night it is a gorgeous ruby red. I did not have to change any bulbs cuz the new gauge face has a red film on the back. Besides, I found out the gauge cluster is lit by LEDs that are soldered into the circuit board behind the gauges, which is something else I could not find online, so now you know. Anyway, the project is easier than you think—I had no experience with removing a gauge cluster or removing and replacing gauge needles and it worked out terrific. Be careful with the needles because they are a little hard to pull off and to push back on—you feel like you are pushing way too hard, but just don’t bend anything. Use a fork to lift the needles off if you don’t have the plastic tool that comes with the needle kits. Here are some pictures. I love my stainless gauge faces and the red glow at night!

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles