Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2005 F-750

whats with the midgetified bed on that truck you linked to Chris... it looks really dumb...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
He uses that truck for heavy off-road stuff (if you didn't notice by the fact that he has lockers in both axles-- not to be confused with 'limited slip'). I believe he shortened his wheelbase to make it better on the trails/etc. More like a truggy. But I'm not sure.

He uses that truck for heavy off-road stuff (if you didn't notice by the fact that he has lockers in both axles-- not to be confused with 'limited slip'). I believe he shortened his wheelbase to make it better on the trails/etc. More like a truggy. But I'm not sure.

I was thinking too that he might have put the cab on a regular length chassis and shortened the bed.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
in 4-low and 1st gear, anything is possible.

I was about to agree with that statement until I saw this:

Which BTW is really funny...I've acquired more damage than I care to remember while stump pullin. Seems everytime a stump needs to be pulled I forget about the failure of the last time.

I was thinking too that he might have put the cab on a regular length chassis and shortened the bed.

That's what I thought when I saw it too.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sounds like what my step-grandad did, only his is a 76 highboy with open diffs, and the dump truck was loaded too, and sideways. I know we are talking about two completely different beasts, but in 4-low and 1st gear, anything is possible. He has 4:10 gears and a 4 speed so there is just about an unlimited amount of torque in those low gears. What gear ratio does the truck have?

The rear axle is 4.88, the front carrier is about 1.4:1 and the hub reduction is around 3.46:1...final drive is 4.92 at the front...the transfer case in low is 2:1.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
DSC00790.JPG

Inverter batteries placed for figuring out shelf design.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
DSC00791.JPG

After the cabinets were installed....the sub-floor on the right has a 4'' duct run through it with 4 3'' take offs for the heating system.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
HPIM0054.JPG

The 2 Outback Power VFX2812 2800VA inverters...they are wired in parallel for 5600VA of continuous power at 120V.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks like one big playhouse Duncan...haha. I'd love to have something like that, and turn it into an 'EarthRoamer' type of vehicle.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Too funny you say that....when I retire from the electrical game, the plan is to make it into something recreational....I'm not sure exactly what yet.

Looks like one big playhouse Duncan...haha. I'd love to have something like that, and turn it into an 'EarthRoamer' type of vehicle.

Put a bed and crap in there. Make it like an RV but with a big door that can haul crap. :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Kind of a crappy picture but the main driveshaft to the t-case and the lower one to the front axle...exhaust pipe in the middle.
HPIM2770.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Transfer case.
HPIM2769.JPG

Rear hanger bearing support.
HPIM2768.JPG

Rear axle view...piece of wood anchored to driveway so I don't hit the house.
HPIM2767.JPG

Front hanger bearing support.
HPIM2766.JPG

Rear drive out of t-case
HPIM2765.JPG

Alternator which is now upgraded to a 320 amp unit
HPIM2764.JPG

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That is pure beef right there. I don't know how you contain yourself...I would thrash that thing.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That is pure beef right there. I don't know how you contain yourself...I would thrash that thing.

As tempting as that is I make my living with it so I tend to look after it...and trust me, the front springs are 13200# rated and even going across fields at 10mph it gets insanley bouncy..hehe.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts