Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2003 Explorer Front License Plate Question

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Mom bought herself a shiny new 2003 Ford Explorer XLT. The vehicle was purchased in Kansas, and they are not required to have front license plates in Kansas. We have to have one in Missouri and I was wondering what Ford's standard protocol was for this. Do they have a plate holder at the dealer to pick up? Is there a 'right' way to do this, or are we just going to end up punching a couple holes in the bumper for a generic plate holder?

Ryan

Sort of off topic, but does OK have a front plate? Mine has the holder and it came from OK.

Back on topic: I would guess that if you can get to the back of the bumper (where the holder would mount) it will have the holes there that get popped out for the front plate bracket to bolt to. I have seen that on older ones with the plastic bumper cover here in AR anyway.

blacksnapon

Staff member
They attach in different ways, depending on option level (eddie bauer is different than xlt) Some just snap in, some attach with plastic rivets.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts