Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1st gen. Lighting

I may be a new member but I've had fords for over 50 yrs. I'm interested in a project f 150. ( $5000 ish).that can handle well.
Q: should I be looking for a 93-95 lighting. ( factory had the handle well... for there day). Or any 93-95 f 150 and use today's aftermarket handling packages. Is spending more for the Lighting edition worth it ?
Can today,s bolt on package s be far better then a stock lighing??

I may be a new member but I've had fords for over 50 yrs. I'm interested in a project f 150. ( $5000 ish).that can handle well.
Q: should I be looking for a 93-95 lighting. ( factory had the handle well... for there day). Or any 93-95 f 150 and use today's aftermarket handling packages. Is spending more for the Lighting edition worth it ?
Can today,s bolt on package s be far better then a stock lighing??

The Coyote 5.0 sure changed the direction for a lot of performance minded builds.
Can anyone help me out. Is buying a 1st gen. Lighting worth it. Not from the collector, s stand point. But handling and engine modification stand point. Or should i save the extra $$ the lighting gos for ,and spend that saving on a modifying a stock f 150.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts