Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1988 E150 conversion van Heater control valve

OK, I have this 88 E150 conversion van, like the title says, It has a 351W/5.8 Fuel injected, and I cannot seem to locate its heater control valve. I have relplaced the heater core; I know it's not there. I replaced all the hoses at that time, none to be seein. Is this inside the manifold, somehow? I see nothing in my manuals about it.
I am looking for the valve that controls the HOT WATER, not the blend door, etc...

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
OK, I have this 88 E150 conversion van, like the title says, It has a 351W/5.8 Fuel injected, and I cannot seem to locate its heater control valve. I have relplaced the heater core; I know it's not there. I replaced all the hoses at that time, none to be seein. Is this inside the manifold, somehow? I see nothing in my manuals about it.
I am looking for the valve that controls the HOT WATER,RIGHTO not the blend door, Blend door: 18A318etc...

Give me a minute to lookee in the bookee...brb EDIT: Here's the p/n...I'll look for it in the pic....using microfiche, takes awhile to squint at the pics.....brb part II

D4AZ-18495-A .. Heater Control Valve (Motorcraft YG-136)

GOT IT: In the line close to the firewall passenger side. Same location-with or without dual air.

This same valve is used on 1971/78 LTD's, 71/79 Mustangs, 73/76 Torinos, 74/78 Pintos. 1975/89 E150/350; 1974/79 F100/350 yadda yadda yadda.

This valve is has a reputation as a POS. Someone may have removed it, stuck a 5/8" nipple (straight connector) where it was and said forget it! Wouldn't be the first time.

Better pic in the 73/79 parts catalog...it's an inline valve 5/8" in and out connector. Vacuum hose connects to male connector on dome shaped top of plastic valve.

Last edited:
Awesome, bill. Thanks. 4 years I had that thing and the heat has always been slow as snail mail to come on.
I'm replacing the AC compressor and dryer and I figured it's about time I fixed that too.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts