Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > Garage and Tool Zone

Garage and Tool Zone Tool discussion, or anything pertaining to your garage.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:30 PM
blank

Brian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to behold
wanted: Pics of your truck tool boxes

Hi all,

This is a long way down the road, but dad spotted a cool (at least I think so) tool box that would fit in the bed of my 56. Not that I could ever afford it, but it is steel. I could build it myself.

It would need to be wider and offer some storage for more than just the hand tools, but it would be similar to this:

I wanted too see what everyone else is using and what they liked/disliked about their's before I start designing anything.

Thanks all,
Brian

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2008, 09:24 PM
They call me Spuds

1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute
This is mine, not currently in the truck because of me living in an apartment complex...

Old 06-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Kansas Chapter Leader

jjlogue3 is on a distinguished road
Montazuma makes a box just like in your picture and I believe it is for a reasonable price....

http://www.montezumamfg.com/show_la400b.htm
33'BFG ATs
16"x10" Dick Cepek DC1s

GALLERY

COME VISIT US IN THE
KANSAS CHAPTER

Old 06-29-2008, 09:41 PM
blank

Brian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to behold
I can imagine Eric. Thievery is everywhere now.

I am a little worried about the plastic tub in the back of mine. It has been in there for a little over a year now and so far (fingers crossed) it has not been tampered with.

Anti-freeze, oil, gear lube, jumper cables, jack, 4 way, etc. in there. The tools are under the seat for now.

You can see the top of it in this pic:

Montezuma is who makes the one I posted. It is great for tools, but will not hold my little floor jack, jumper cables, fluids, and other stuff I want to keep back there. I just liked the design and shape of their box.

Their smaller ones start at around $300 and go up from there. Same basic design...just for tools.

I am basically trying to see who is using a different design that might work in my truck. The ones that sit up on the bed will not work.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Kansas Chapter Leader

jjlogue3 is on a distinguished road
I use an "Action Packer" it is plastic but lockable and I also have a toneau cover. These are available at your local wally world in various sizes.
33'BFG ATs
16"x10" Dick Cepek DC1s

GALLERY

COME VISIT US IN THE
KANSAS CHAPTER

Old 06-29-2008, 09:45 PM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970Custom View Post
This is mine, not currently in the truck because of me living in an apartment complex...
That's a big part of why I ended up putting a cap on my truck. I got sick of having to limit myself to a small toolbox, but it's a PITA to get my bigger one into and out of the back seat area of my truck, and I can't leave it in the bed up at school.

It's still not as secure as I'd like, given that the tools are probably worth close to what the truck is (at least before gas spiked), but it's a *fairly* safe area, really.

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed (not running)-- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed (gone)
1986 BMW R80 -- 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 3.5L 6-cyl 6-speed

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling
Old 06-29-2008, 09:48 PM
blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjlogue3 View Post
I use an "Action Packer" it is plastic but lockable and I also have a toneau cover. These are available at your local wally world in various sizes.
Those are what I was actually looking for when I ended up with that cheap plastic tub. Our local wally world does not carry them or didn't at the time anyway.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:20 PM
They call me Spuds

1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_B View Post
I am a little worried about the plastic tub in the back of mine. It has been in there for a little over a year now and so far (fingers crossed) it has not been tampered with.
I used to work at the local Honda shop and the big VTX cruisers came in crates with loops and straps to hold them down, well they're removable, so I took two and welded one to the inner bed side and one to the floor, took the strap that came with them and usually have it strapped in works damn well too because I can stick my star bar behind it under the bed rail and hold it solid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere View Post
That's a big part of why I ended up putting a cap on my truck.
Couldn't bring my cap and bike both so I had to leave one home...

Old 06-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Post Whores Make Me Sick

Skandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond reputeSkandocious has a reputation beyond repute
Whoa those toolboxes are pretty sweet Brian. I agree though, you need something that can hold more than just tools. Here's mine, though I don't think it'll help much for your research

Mine is actually a rebadged DeeZee box.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:44 PM
blank

Thanks for posting the pics. I assume that is aluminum?

That type of box (if the correct size) would sit down in the bed of the truck. I will check at TSC the next time I am near one and see if they come in steel. The closest one is 50 miles from here. LOL

I want it to blend in a little better (even if I have to paint it).

I looked for one of those actionpackers today as a temporary cure, but could not find one in town anywhere. I hate living here.

Lowes and home depot carry the shiny toolboxes (I think).

Oh well..back to stripping paint now. Break time is over.