Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 07-17-2021, 06:32 PM

fordgirl is on a distinguished road
Weak cylinder/injector #7

1995 f150 5.8 262k

So I just replaced the distributor for a random stall issue, which seems fixed, and now Iím getting a code for weak injector #7 from the cylinder balance test. It only failed the first test and passed the second. I know this isnít the best way to truly test the cylinders/injectors but itís what I have.

No KOEO/KOER codes and just a slight shake sometimes at idle but RPM never falls below 5k. The spark plugs and wires were replaced about 5/6 years ago.

And the fuel injectorsÖyeah those have never been cleaned for the life of the truck.

I was thinking of pulling the spark plug and seeing how it looks and maybe cleaning the fuel injectors with the sea foam in the fuel rail method, but Iím worried about knocking gunk loose and causing myself more issues.

What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2021, 06:50 PM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
5.8 is a bugger to get not to cross fire between cyl 7 & 8.
you need to buy a new high pro set of wires. put Motocraft plugs back in, as the 5.8 don't like anything else.
Me knowing this I did just the opposite od what I'm telling you on 2 of my trucks recently. Used stock type wires and ngk plugs. The 5.8 missed so bad I thought the transmission was taking a poo, converter lockup.
I had a friend suggest powerbrake it in reverse, and sure enough high speed miss.

My 94 ho 5.0 uses the 5.8 firing order, so same problem. new plugs, new wires, and that one new motor.
high speed miss.
Soooooo
long story, I'll screenshot the wires you need from rockauto, and pick up Motocraft plugs

make sure to separate the wires with the separators provided, may even pick up another pack at the local auto supply.
dielectric grease on both ends, and cruise on!

If I keep getting banned from forums, and warned on Facebook, pretty soon I'll learn to behave
Old 07-17-2021, 06:55 PM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
I looked it up as a 94 5.8. They all are pretty much the same.
The chart says what whire goes where

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If I keep getting banned from forums, and warned on Facebook, pretty soon I'll learn to behave
Old 07-17-2021, 07:08 PM

Thanks Dusty, I’ll put an order in!
Old 07-17-2021, 08:44 PM
don't play well w others

Like I stated, the more you keep them separated, the better they do. This is the ho5.0

Old 07-18-2021, 07:58 AM

Wow that looks clean!! I definitely don’t have separators like that, I think I’ve lost half of them. I’ll make sure to get them on with the new wires though.
Old 07-18-2021, 08:32 AM
don't play well w others

1 set comes with the wires. You can buy them at advance, autozone, etc

Pay special attention to #4, which in my bundle you see i actually put a piece of wire loom on to go under the plenum, and 7-8. Those are the trouble makers. Look at your firing order and you will see why.

Last edited by dustybumpers; 07-18-2021 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-18-2021, 08:39 AM
don't play well w others

The 90 5.8 isn't so pretty, because of emissions equipment, but it is still possible to seperate

Old 07-18-2021, 03:12 PM
Instigator

heavydoc has much to be proud ofheavydoc has much to be proud ofheavydoc has much to be proud ofheavydoc has much to be proud ofheavydoc has much to be proud ofheavydoc has much to be proud ofheavydoc has much to be proud ofheavydoc has much to be proud of
Cut the tails of the dang zip ties!

"DOC"
Old 07-18-2021, 05:02 PM
don't play well w others

Lmao. Posted that 5 years ago for you when I redid the exhaust manifolds and emissions, posted it today for the fresh wires. left them zip ties long like that just for you.