Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Future of FTF

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hey all, as many of you have noticed traffic here is practically at a standstill. The reality is that we have funds until the end of the year for hosting.

For the curious ones, our hosting is $100 per month, the bulk of that being generated by traffic. Of course we appreciate the people that do become paid members, it all helps.

At one point we were considering doing away with the memberships as the monthly revenues from ads was covering everything.

For the record the site software upgrade was paid by the Admin personally.

We have been asked in the past to sell it, such as FTE was....but we would like to keep it in the family so to speak.

Traffic is what generates the $$, if anyone has any suggestions please speak up.

We will keep you guys posted.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
bummer... i always liked logging in here... but agree its been pretty dead around here for some time... i thought once winter got around yall would pick up the chatter... but with the still nice temps its been pretty dead still... every time i look in the whos online theirs like 5 pages of guests... and maybe 2-4 users on most of which are pming each other...

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I blame facebook! I have acquired some very nice, funny, shocking cyber friends. That can't be taken away, but, sorry Duncan, I don't have an answer. [confused]

I do appreciate all the work and effort that has been made by the admin staff to keep this site running. For that I thank you.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It is what it is gents, for sure FB has had an effect.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I have some new blood coming in, maybe that will help. I also have another truck I can put up a build thread on.
Blue has several nice trucks to do a thread on, as does Doc.
we'll see what happens.

We can blame Face book, but that's not all of it. there are a lot of forums slowing down. Different world, different time, people just don't hang out like they used too

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sounds good Charlie! Thx!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
2 more coming. 1 is a member here in the past.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Welcome
Er, um. Welcome back. Glad to have you mr luke

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
It is what it is gents, for sure FB has had an effect.

i cant blame FB for all of it really because right after the mustang guys split off and made their own site (the one i didnt join for personal reasons) i noticed a big drop in the participation around here... it was like the the activity dropped in half....

granted if the sites going to close i would like to get some people added so we wont lose contact and stay up on each others projects...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
i cant blame FB for all of it really because right after the mustang guys split off and made their own site (the one i didnt join for personal reasons) i noticed a big drop in the participation around here... it was like the the activity dropped in half....

granted if the sites going to close i would like to get some people added so we wont lose contact and stay up on each others projects...

Actually Shawn , that was short lived. Scott started it, and although it was guys from here posting I don't think that was the cause as that site really didn't go anywhere.

What's it take to keep the site open money wise?

$100 per month.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
There's so much great info here and the folks that participate are awesome!

I really hate that things are so slow these days.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Very true Russell....let's see what happens if we can get some posts going!

Fellro

Staff member
The Mustang site is and has been no longer. What is funny is the Facebook page has more likes on it than the Truck portion which is still active... Problem is, the Facebook portion makes no revenue to keep the service active. The forums kind of rode on the coat tails of the old chat rooms, and these days Twitter and Snapchat are the mainstays. It is how it is, and the sad truth is that without traffic, the bills don't get paid. We used to make the hosting easily every month, so we were nearly on autopilot. However those monthly payments dropped to quarterly, then biannual...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Well he!! That aint bad, I'm willing to pitch in an help out if needed

No it's not a lot.....post!!...that will help!

If we can get the traffic back up then things will improve.

Ford Truck Articles