Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you work on today

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
What brand chainsaw?

Not to intrude, but I got a Husqvarna Rancher for our anniversary. Fired it up today and it wouldn't cut worth sh$%. The chain had been installed backwards, new from the store. :headbang:

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Just got this dropped off at my house. Customer just got it back from Kubota, he took it there with fueling issues $400 later he has it back with fueling issues. So i guess I get a crack at now.
4369fbf98940c0f62a34d462517ba0b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Got it figured out last night. Ended up draining the fuel tank and pulling it out. And found a bee in there pluggin up the suction line
a147b96f901a71bda26beb7bc8c5c535.jpg

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
I still think the fuel pressure is low. It gets down to about 1.5 psi now. But no longer goes into a vacuum

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Dam
You weren't using it right.
You were supposed to be bent over cutting behind yourself between your legs.
Duh!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This little tidbit of info would have been nice to know earlier. I should have taken a pic. :D

And yes, the Rancher is a perfect saw for what I use it for, which is generally
recreational firewood cutting.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Post pics of the old saw

What brand chainsaw?

It's an Echo CS-3000...I think these are supposed to be good saws for what they are...but this one has always been a turd. Primer bulb and air filter had it running OK for a few minutes till it started raining but it hasn't run worth crap since then...I got a little more cutting done but it's pretty unsafe- thing starts harder than hell and won't idle...so once it's running, I have to keep the throttle pinned open the whole time. Not safe, especially for cleanup type work like I'm doing.

I'll throw a plug in it and see if that helps...after that, I'm taking it to the local dealer, but I'd almost rather trade it in than have him fix it. I've come to really and truly hate this saw- kind of surprised it didn't go flying this morning, actually...I could've cut a hell of a lot more firewood than I did, if my effort went into pulling a handsaw instead of yanking a starter rope.

Not to intrude, but I got a Husqvarna Rancher for our anniversary. Fired it up today and it wouldn't cut worth sh$%. The chain had been installed backwards, new from the store. :headbang:
Are you sure the chain was on backwards? Maybe the chain was right but they put the saw on the wrong end of it. smilietease

Attachments

• miata - 2 (1).jpg
Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
It's an Echo CS-3000...I think these are supposed to be good saws for what they are...but this one has always been a turd. Primer bulb and air filter had it running OK for a few minutes till it started raining but it hasn't run worth crap since then...I got a little more cutting done but it's pretty unsafe- thing starts harder than hell and won't idle...so once it's running, I have to keep the throttle pinned open the whole time. Not safe, especially for cleanup type work like I'm doing.

I'll throw a plug in it and see if that helps...after that, I'm taking it to the local dealer, but I'd almost rather trade it in than have him fix it. I've come to really and truly hate this saw- kind of surprised it didn't go flying this morning, actually...I could've cut a hell of a lot more firewood than I did, if my effort went into pulling a handsaw instead of yanking a starter rope.

Are you sure the chain was on backwards? Maybe the chain was right but they put the saw on the wrong end of it. smilietease

Good point. Anymore, nothing is foolproof when purchased new. But that's okay, I'm used to dealing with good used. :D I seem to remember Echo being the economy line husqvarna?

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
Good point. Anymore, nothing is foolproof when purchased new. But that's okay, I'm used to dealing with good used. :D I seem to remember Echo being the economy line husqvarna?
Tractor Supply was carrying a brand called Jonsered, under the plastic they are Husqvarna. Didn't know about Echo

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana

450, 455, or 460? In any case they are solid saws for the price

Kinda surprised to hear that... Echo is usually pretty professional grade stuff for cheaper than Stihl or Husqvarna

And nice looking tractor, Doc

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Thanks, it cut my mowing time down from 4 hours to 1 hour, and got alot more cut with the 4x4[emoji16]

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
And did it a night while it was cooler and with headlights

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Kinda surprised to hear that... Echo is usually pretty professional grade stuff for cheaper than Stihl or Husqvarna

Yeah, I dunno...this was back when they first started selling Echos at Home Depot, and TBH I think it was just set up wrong at the factory and with no dealer to make it right, it never was.

Turns out I can get a carb for $13 on eBay, though....might try that. I don't have the time, patience or desire to rebuild a little carb, but I could probably swap one.

New plug ran better, but not well...no power, and still won't idle. But I did get my urgent cutting done so it might sit on the bench for a while.

Today started off with a coolant drain/fill in the Miata. Let's just say that's not going well...but it is nice to work on something that old and not have it be rusted to hell.

Bit of work on Grandpa's John Deere and pressure washed a few more tractor attachments that need to get cleaned up and painted. (That's great winter work, but without a heated shop to do it, Rustoleum takes about three days to dry...so I'll probably try to get them done while it's still a bit warm out.)

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Washed the Truck and the Stang today... also replaced the non-working Glowshift transmission gauge with a new autometer one..... im guessing the sending unit itself is still good... gauge itself shorted out...

28b19dd3_8e17_4a22_b84d_b7cdb52b018f_3f20faf08db1cccd616d3701267d4c0b414a5657.jpeg

33e1251d_1c7d_4aa5_8237_fe73c16b0b04_f5eac265a1c0bdb322d6c77d40c96f242217f4ec.jpeg

i still need to fill in those other 2 holes. Was thinking a volt meter for the one. Not sure on the other yet. Have a couple ideas.

Ford Truck Articles