Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Happy New Year Red 9

Kaajot

Micro Machine Manager
Hope all is well, stay corona-free, don't get mutated, wear your mask/chin diaper, it's a free country but appreciate it if you don't crowd up on me if you're diaper style. :beer:

Red IX is on hold for engine swap til Saab's electrical issue is figured out. I've replaced battery and ground/starter wires, nothing but the entire frame is energized and no one has a clue in my circle of friends including the mechanics, so I'll have to take the Saab that's absorbed $700 in registration and insurance for 5 miles of service to a specialty shop before I can put Red IX down for a second engine swap.

Once Saab is up I'll do leaf springs and rear shocks to take out the back end sway and hopefully allevaite the ABS light (the ABS control module is functioning as intended and I have two good units, so it's gotta be the rear or the computer that's keeping it tripp'n. There's also a short to the 7-prong integrated hitch connection that refused to power lights and that could be causing the ABS backfeed. In extreme cold/rain the moisture fuses whatever ground connection is going on and eliminated the ABS light.

Also still have to pull the bench seat out and mount the bigger amp that won't be shorted this time, should get rid of my whine in my ear from the tweeters I installed in the pillars.

Front seems to be handling really well now other than the back taking her for a ride. Hauled 4K lbs of rough cut from the Amish today and even with 5 cylinders, it's ok.

Got AO Smith Certified yesterday too for Residential Water Heaters/Systems. Some guys said they thought I was a Rheem man, but I like AO Smith. :nana:

smilieFordlogo

PS: It's a good year for Star Wars if you didn't know... I bet you did.

Last edited:

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
Happy New Year!
Round here it's been crazy, haven't even touched my "fun" Ford's. Only the daily's have gotten any attention. It's been absolutely nuts.

I must however disagree with the "chin diaper" moniker, it seems very ineffective at stemming the flow of verbal diarrhea from many folks, namely political figures that somehow think they know how we should all think and live.

Best wishes to you and yours, hopefully '21 is a little easier on us!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Well said jake.
And 4,000 lbs on a half ton truck is kinda playing with fire, eh?
Especially one that has brake issues

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Kaajot

Micro Machine Manager
Well said jake.
And 4,000 lbs on a half ton truck is kinda playing with fire, eh?
Especially one that has brake issues

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I repaired all the brake issues... It has an ABS light that appears to be triggered for no reason (as in an electrical illumination, no issues with brakes themselves). It has a little sway from a single broken leaf spring in the back. I wouldn't drive 55+ mph with 4K lbs attached to the back unless I put tensioners on and it felt right. It's driving way better than when I towed a 20' shipping container from PA back to NY in 2018. Tightening the steering gear and adding the steering gear damper after all new front suspension/bearings/tie rods helped with the larger tires.

I also drive slow and make people mad but it's pretty easy to drive 10 miles at 30 mph on the backroads from Amish to my Cliffside retreat.

Glad you're alive, dusty! Happy 2021. 'peace'

Kaajot

Micro Machine Manager
Happy New Year!

I must however disagree with the "chin diaper" moniker, it seems very ineffective at stemming the flow of verbal diarrhea from many folks, namely political figures that somehow think they know how we should all think and live.

Best wishes to you and yours, hopefully '21 is a little easier on us!

Hah hah. It's not supposed to stem verbal diarrhea, just viral load. Of course if it's a chin diaper, it's not doing its job anyway... 'cuz you nose all, smells all. I wonder if there are Ford and Chevy face masks available.... I've just been wearing my afghan shemagh, multi-layered, but am making an insert out of some micron hepafilter to slip between the folds. When I get it done I'll post a picture on this thread of my custom micron insert. :post pics:

I think maybe August-September 2021 life will finally get a little closer to normal. It's rough right now, but can't complain about the weather, so at least that's something.

My dad said Michigan's got some snow finally, maybe eight inches, but more won't come for another week to Indian River. Hopefully it stays mild for the Winter.

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
Nice. It's been a horribly dry winter out here, not going to be a pleasant spring. I hate snow, so that's been nice, but dang.

As for custom masks I was thinking a modified plague doctor mask would really mess with the locals.

Kaajot

Micro Machine Manager
As for custom masks I was thinking a modified plague doctor mask would really mess with the locals.

Oh man, hah hah! Now I know.

I had to look that up, but I have seen that mask before. Would be hilarious (and frightening). It'd be a little Kill Bill/Hannibal Lector crazy and a touch Steam Punk meets a Jim Henson Dark Crystal Grim Reaper (if such things exist).

For Michigan if you made a Jack Kevorkian peel-away mask wearing an N95 mask over the peel-away skin, would probably get some dirty looks. Add a T-Shirt that says, "Ask me how I can assist you?" probably would top it off w/lab coat to a killer mask combo.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Happy New Year's fellas....be safe out there.

I'm immune now because I've had the virus 2 or 3 times (because I've had a ton of false positives) and then all of the different strains, PLUS, I'm double immune because of the vaccine! So feel free to hug and shake hands with me if you want; it's safe!

img.jpeg

Kaajot

Micro Machine Manager
I'm glad the vaccine didn't hurt.
How's the third arm growing out of your neck doing?

This guy is gonna double his salary in the shop with a third arm.

Sounds like the vaccine is a mechanic's friend.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Fellas, it all depends which direction that arm is going, just saying ;)

Happy new year y'all!

Ford Truck Articles