Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hi new to the forum

Hi my name is Chad and I'm new to the forum. I am building a 1979 F100. I swapped out the 302 for a 390fe. I have some ?s about parts for it. My main is about headers for this swap since no place I've asked has been able answer if they even make headers to fit this engine swap. Can anybody help me out?

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Welcome to FTF from WNC.

@dustybumpers could prolly answer questions. He should be by in a few hours

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1979 hotrod

I have attached a couple pics. Thanks for the reply there heavydoc

Attachments

• 1979 HotRod.jpg
  • hotrod 2.jpg

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Very nice, you can always have a set of custom headers built!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
@Blue-Truck-Nut97 is the owner of some fine dents, he probably has some laying around.

The shorty headers are probably non exhistant now. I think there are still some long tubes made. Give me a bit to research. I dont think I have any left.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
Howdy!
I'm fresh out of headers for an FE, in fact the set I'm running is pretty rough. From what I understand there are 2 kinds available for a pickup, auto trans or standard trans.

What part of the country are you in Chad? That will decide who I recommend for source.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for the input. Blue truck I am in Utah. I have another ? I am wanting the bigger diameter thermostat housing does anybody know what that was used on?

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
Bigger diameter thermostat housing? What size do you mean? Are you putting a 1 ton radiator in or aftermarket?

For headers and thermostat housing start with these guys, Obsolete & Classic Auto Parts in OK City.
fa7aa23bfca107b0d1656043453b78e2.jpg
b389385062c40d85df07814e9fdbe19f.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

thanks for that info. Yes there are 2 sizes thermostat that ford used and im just wanting to use the bigger one. Somebody told me they used them in 83 but havent been able to find them in that year

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Chad, welcome to the forum!

Your truck is coming along, looking forward to the rest of the build!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts