Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

charging multiple batteries out of vehicle

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
for you electrical gurus i have a simple (probably stupid question)...

got the batteries outta the truck while im tearing it apart for the head gaskets again.. and wanting to put the float charger back on them while theyre being stored.. im wanting to only use the one float charger like i did while they were connected in the truck but wanted to make sure my idea would work...

charger link.jpg

what i want to do is get 2 terminals and make a jumper to go between the two like pictured there and then connect the charger the one battery... will it work like ive drawn??? (sorry im not a paint drawing wizard so it looks cheezy... and im worse by hand)... reason im wanting to put the charger on them while theyre outta the vehicle is because i just got those batteries and last time i had a different set out to do the headgaskets they died sitting in the bed...

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Yes... should work perfectly the way you've drawn it there. I've done it before just by stripping the ends on two pieces of wire and twisting them around the posts... not pretty but it serves the purpose :rofl:

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Thanks Frank... i got 2 sets of terminals to make the jumpers with... i have some 0/2 wire laying around still from the winch install to make the jumper for... so it cost me all of $4 for the terminal ends...

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Yep it will work perfectly like that, hopefully your wires won't be kinked like the drawing, you don't want to prevent electrical flow. It's the same concept as kinking a garden hose. smilietease

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
CB276288-85F2-47CC-8A45-85DFBB22913F.jpg

Got it done today.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts