Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today v2

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Bought a new 2150 carburetor for the '78 a couple years ago. I finally got it installed. It runs great off of idle, but stumbles off idle and idles high. Adjustment doesn't seem to help. I found a retired ford repair guy that rebuilds carbs for post-retirement income and I'm going to let him take a look at it.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Those issues indicate a vacuum leak. Try spraying some carb cleaner all around all mating surfaces while idling and when the rpm rises you found your problem.
I have forgotten if there is an adapter between the carb and intake in 78. If so it's probably that gasket.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Betcha dunkin's monthly allowance the gasket between the intake and the plate are leaking

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
Betcha Dustybumpers could use his fancy new hole punch set too punch out a new gasket that makes the egr not egr anymore.......

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
That I could.. wish he were closer that would be a good project

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Yeah. Only takes 4 days driving to get to ya. No problem. Piece of cake. Dunkin pays the diesel and camp sites for the portable motel, I'm on the way!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
On second thought. As long as he's paying, I can yank the portable motel with the e450 box truck. That v10 gets thirsty
But the nice part, I can fill it with rust free parts to drag back home

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member

Attachments

• IMG_4176a.jpg
  • IMG_4183a.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Going to spend some time this coming weekend and get the trucks serviced; oil, filters, do a full once over on both of them with my mechanic. They each, LITERALLY, got a few dozen miles in them in the last two years.....I used to put on 500-1000 miles a year on them both when the boys were young, but just been so busy lately, plus I have those two, AHEM, GM cars in my garages that I SMILE every time I take them out, WHICH IS HARDLY EVER THESE DAYS CAUSE OF COVID.....ugh!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Going to spend some time this coming weekend and get the trucks serviced; oil, filters, do a full once over on both of them with my mechanic. They each, LITERALLY, got a few dozen miles in them in the last two years.....I used to put on 500-1000 miles a year on them both when the boys were young, but just been so busy lately, plus I have those two, AHEM, GM cars in my garages that I SMILE every time I take them out, WHICH IS HARDLY EVER THESE DAYS CAUSE OF COVID.....ugh!

That GM (AHEM) smile should be a frown. :D Welcome back from tax land.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
That GM (AHEM) smile should be a frown. :D Welcome back from tax land.

Haha.....thanks Doug....what an insane tax season...oh my freakin word.....it's not over, but I can at least breathe a little now!

Ford Truck Articles