Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bolt Pattern 5x5.5 - other makes/models?

I'm pretty sure my 1993 Ford F-150 has a 5x5.5 bolt pattern.

I'm watching on craigslist for a deal on tires. there are a lot of people that sell new tires AND wheels. i don't really need the wheels, but if i can find a good deal, i won't pass it up.

there are a lot of jeep take-offs that look to be 5-hole. will they fit? anyone know of anything other common models? newer f150s?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Jeeps, I think, are 5 on 4.5, which will fit on a Ranger not your F-150.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Full Size Jeeps (aka FSJ's, the Waggy's, Cherokees and half ton Gladiators) are 5x5.5, and are a direct fit.

Now this is gonna be no help at all, but just getting the info out there and someone can maybe clean it up...Chevy's and Dodge's also had 5x5.5 patterns, however one of the two doesn't have a hub hole big enough to fit on a Ford hub. Also, one of the two and possibly both are either hub centric or lug centric (whichever is opposite of Ford). So keep that in mind, just because you find a 5x5.5 doesn't necessarily mean it will fit your Ford.

Last edited:

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Older jeeps like mine are 5x5.5 but the center hole is bigger than the holes on for rims cause the hubs are big. Newer jeeps are 5x4.5 (tj, yj, im not sure about the new jks though). Ive seen 5 lug chevies and dodges but I dont know what size they are.

Fellro

Staff member
You have to watch those older AMC Jeeps, they were not consistent. Some had Ford axles, some had GM 6 bolt, some had Dodge 5 bolt... ai don't know of any other manufacturer that used 5 x 5.5. Gm used 5x5, Dodge used the same and 5 x 4.5.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, IDK about 1/2 tons, but the 3/4 ton chevies have a wheel that fits the ford, but the hub hole is too small

Well as I said, I dunno nothin about the other brands, I just know at one point in time that dodge and chevy offered a 5x5.5...and from there I'll refer you to my prior post.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
All Ford half-ton trucks from the 40's up thru 97 used the 5 x 5.5" pattern - with a couple of exceptions in the 80's.

As reported above, wheels from some Dodge trucks and some Jeeps will fit.

Another wrinkle to watch for on the older Jeep wheels - the metal lip at the hub is rolled inward where the Ford wheel rolls outward. The Jeep wheels don't fit quite right on the Ford drums..... at least on my 48 F1.

FTF'er
Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Watch the dodge wheels, I know that the factory 15" or 16" (can't remember which) base model steel wheels will rub on the bump sides so it might have the same issue on the '93.

Chevy never offered a 5 lug to fit fords, they were almost always 5x4.75...

Most aftermarket wheels for the older Jeeps will fit as they were of course aftermarket so the lips weren't any issue (most were the white wagon wheel type though)...

Michigan
We tried to put some hoosier drag slicks that was on a 03 dodge rim on the back of my bronco last weekend, Lined right up but the center hub on my brake drum wouldnt fit in the center hole of the dodge wheel... I was bummin

Ford Truck Articles