Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 12-31-2020, 09:03 PM
Micro Machine Manager

Kaajot is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Happy New Year Red 9

Hope all is well, stay corona-free, don't get mutated, wear your mask/chin diaper, it's a free country but appreciate it if you don't crowd up on me if you're diaper style.

Red IX is on hold for engine swap til Saab's electrical issue is figured out. I've replaced battery and ground/starter wires, nothing but the entire frame is energized and no one has a clue in my circle of friends including the mechanics, so I'll have to take the Saab that's absorbed $700 in registration and insurance for 5 miles of service to a specialty shop before I can put Red IX down for a second engine swap.

Once Saab is up I'll do leaf springs and rear shocks to take out the back end sway and hopefully allevaite the ABS light (the ABS control module is functioning as intended and I have two good units, so it's gotta be the rear or the computer that's keeping it tripp'n. There's also a short to the 7-prong integrated hitch connection that refused to power lights and that could be causing the ABS backfeed. In extreme cold/rain the moisture fuses whatever ground connection is going on and eliminated the ABS light.

Also still have to pull the bench seat out and mount the bigger amp that won't be shorted this time, should get rid of my whine in my ear from the tweeters I installed in the pillars.

Front seems to be handling really well now other than the back taking her for a ride. Hauled 4K lbs of rough cut from the Amish today and even with 5 cylinders, it's ok.

Got AO Smith Certified yesterday too for Residential Water Heaters/Systems. Some guys said they thought I was a Rheem man, but I like AO Smith.

PS: It's a good year for Star Wars if you didn't know... I bet you did.

"Not too impressed.... often."

Last edited by Kaajot; 12-31-2020 at 09:05 PM. Reason: New Years Cheer (drunken Style posting)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2020, 09:41 PM
crank polisher

Blue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to behold
Happy New Year!
Round here it's been crazy, haven't even touched my "fun" Ford's. Only the daily's have gotten any attention. It's been absolutely nuts.

I must however disagree with the "chin diaper" moniker, it seems very ineffective at stemming the flow of verbal diarrhea from many folks, namely political figures that somehow think they know how we should all think and live.

Best wishes to you and yours, hopefully '21 is a little easier on us!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2020, 09:58 PM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Well said jake.
And 4,000 lbs on a half ton truck is kinda playing with fire, eh?
Especially one that has brake issues

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If I keep getting banned from forums, and warned on Facebook, pretty soon I'll learn to behave
Old 01-02-2021, 02:16 AM
Micro Machine Manager

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
Well said jake.
And 4,000 lbs on a half ton truck is kinda playing with fire, eh?
Especially one that has brake issues

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I repaired all the brake issues... It has an ABS light that appears to be triggered for no reason (as in an electrical illumination, no issues with brakes themselves). It has a little sway from a single broken leaf spring in the back. I wouldn't drive 55+ mph with 4K lbs attached to the back unless I put tensioners on and it felt right. It's driving way better than when I towed a 20' shipping container from PA back to NY in 2018. Tightening the steering gear and adding the steering gear damper after all new front suspension/bearings/tie rods helped with the larger tires.

I also drive slow and make people mad but it's pretty easy to drive 10 miles at 30 mph on the backroads from Amish to my Cliffside retreat.

Glad you're alive, dusty! Happy 2021.

Old 01-02-2021, 02:26 AM
Micro Machine Manager

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Truck-Nut97 View Post
Happy New Year!

I must however disagree with the "chin diaper" moniker, it seems very ineffective at stemming the flow of verbal diarrhea from many folks, namely political figures that somehow think they know how we should all think and live.

Best wishes to you and yours, hopefully '21 is a little easier on us!

Hah hah. It's not supposed to stem verbal diarrhea, just viral load. Of course if it's a chin diaper, it's not doing its job anyway... 'cuz you nose all, smells all. I wonder if there are Ford and Chevy face masks available.... I've just been wearing my afghan shemagh, multi-layered, but am making an insert out of some micron hepafilter to slip between the folds. When I get it done I'll post a picture on this thread of my custom micron insert.

I think maybe August-September 2021 life will finally get a little closer to normal. It's rough right now, but can't complain about the weather, so at least that's something.

My dad said Michigan's got some snow finally, maybe eight inches, but more won't come for another week to Indian River. Hopefully it stays mild for the Winter.

Old 01-02-2021, 03:22 AM
crank polisher

Blue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to behold
Nice. It's been a horribly dry winter out here, not going to be a pleasant spring. I hate snow, so that's been nice, but dang.

As for custom masks I was thinking a modified plague doctor mask would really mess with the locals.

Old 01-02-2021, 04:23 PM
Micro Machine Manager

Quote:
As for custom masks I was thinking a modified plague doctor mask would really mess with the locals.

Oh man, hah hah! Now I know.

I had to look that up, but I have seen that mask before. Would be hilarious (and frightening). It'd be a little Kill Bill/Hannibal Lector crazy and a touch Steam Punk meets a Jim Henson Dark Crystal Grim Reaper (if such things exist).

For Michigan if you made a Jack Kevorkian peel-away mask wearing an N95 mask over the peel-away skin, would probably get some dirty looks. Add a T-Shirt that says, "Ask me how I can assist you?" probably would top it off w/lab coat to a killer mask combo.

Old 01-03-2021, 02:26 PM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Happy New Year's fellas....be safe out there.

I'm immune now because I've had the virus 2 or 3 times (because I've had a ton of false positives) and then all of the different strains, PLUS, I'm double immune because of the vaccine! So feel free to hug and shake hands with me if you want; it's safe!

2017 Lexus GX460 (wife SUV)
2019 RAM Rebel (my DD)
1969 Corvette Convertible
2001 Corvette Convertible
2006 Nissan Titan Plow Truck
2019 JD 1026R Sub-Compact Tractor
www.taxreliever.com
No longer have, but miss:
2006 F150 King Ranch (miss this truck, made a mistake selling it!)
2007 Expedition EB (served it's purpose well, would definitely get another one!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Old 01-03-2021, 02:54 PM
crank polisher

I'm glad the vaccine didn't hurt.
How's the third arm growing out of your neck doing?

Old 01-03-2021, 10:25 PM
Micro Machine Manager

Quote:
I'm glad the vaccine didn't hurt.
How's the third arm growing out of your neck doing?

This guy is gonna double his salary in the shop with a third arm.

Sounds like the vaccine is a mechanic's friend.

Tags
happy new year, red ix