Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Off-Road

Old 02-19-2020, 09:36 PM

sbluke55 will become famous soon enoughsbluke55 will become famous soon enough
Make the Banana Hammock great again.

So my dad bought this 88 samurai site unseen and itís in ok shape but the suspension sucks and it needs a tune up. I nick named it the banana hammock. Itís my job to get it running and driving without fear of breaking down or dying. Well here are some pics. Iíll go pick it up from him Monday and Iíll go to work.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2020, 04:22 AM

heavydoc is a glorious beacon of lightheavydoc is a glorious beacon of lightheavydoc is a glorious beacon of lightheavydoc is a glorious beacon of lightheavydoc is a glorious beacon of lightheavydoc is a glorious beacon of light
I almost didn't open this thread cause if the title, but curiosity got to me, just couldn't fathom Shawn posting pics of hinself in a speedo. I call those grape smugglers

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
20 Kenworth T270

"DOC"
Old 02-20-2020, 06:40 AM

I might not be able to hit the bottom of a tuna can but Iíll sure wear out the sides.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:48 AM

heavydoc is a glorious beacon of lightheavydoc is a glorious beacon of lightheavydoc is a glorious beacon of lightheavydoc is a glorious beacon of lightheavydoc is a glorious beacon of lightheavydoc is a glorious beacon of light
What I don't get you in depth I'll get you in width

20 Kenworth T270

"DOC"
Old 02-20-2020, 08:37 AM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
OK, now that I'm done throwing up my breakfast...…

Nice project.
Those are cool little trucks and have a folloing. We couldn't keep them around for more than a day when they came in as scrappers.
Love the 3 cyls on the first gen.
You know the wheels will fit off the F 150's. 5x5 bolt pattern., so if you want a nice set of aluminum wheels grab a set of 90's OBS wheels.
I don't fool with them anymore, but I have a buddy that does, I think he still has an extensive collection, so if you need anything, give me a shout
Old 02-21-2020, 02:41 PM

So after some talking. I'm going back to spring under with lift springs. Then run rear springs in the front and use stock steering. Cut out the weird seat bar drop and extend the links. Should be able to run 31's. If I grenade the axles it's getting Toyota mini truck axles.
Old 02-21-2020, 04:21 PM

Cool, should be interesting

20 Kenworth T270

"DOC"
Old 02-21-2020, 05:43 PM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
If I had to go with other axles, I'd think about yota fj axles. 6 lug, limited slip pretty much bomb proof

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2020, 02:24 PM
Texas Chapter member

Jasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud of
Friend of mine had one of those brand new back in the day. Was great fun to drive off the pavement.

There used to be one parked in front of a store that was jacked up monster truck style and you could walk under it standing upright.

'77 F100 Flareside

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
Old 02-23-2020, 07:22 PM

Lt.Dan is on a distinguished road
Fun looking project, I had a landlord with one, he rolled it over almost every time he took it out ��