Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 02-27-2017, 06:58 AM

frank5079 is on a distinguished road
New to this forum....

Hey guys,
My name is Frank and I am new to this forum. Anyway, I have '94 XLT longbed with a 300 six and 5 speed which died early last summer. The six was suffering from excessive blowby and the excess pressure caused quite a number of headaches, oil leaks all over, but the death knell was an under hood fire when the PCV popped out and a small crack in my exhaust manifold, ignited the oil spray and the resulting small fire burned part of the fuel rail and small part of the engine wiring harness. So now I have my excuse to do an engine swap. Last week, I met a gentleman who's into restoring old Ford OBS trucks and he sold me a 351(150k miles) from a '95 2wd F250 w/auto. I'm going to pair this motor to my 5 speed. For $750 bucks, I'm getting the 351, engine bay harness, radiator, perches, ECM(although it is for an auto), and a few other odds and ends.

I have a 351 flywheel along with a clutch kit which are coming from Ebay. I'm picking this motor up along with the rest of the other items today and I plan to stop by a car wash to degrease and clean out the motor while it's on the trailer. Once I get this engine home, I do plan on changing the valve cover gaskets, oil pan gasket, water pump and all the rubber hoses....can you guys think of anything I may have left out??? Btw, would the ECM be easier to get at with the engine out of the truck?

Frank
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2017, 05:34 PM

cbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the FTF!...

Im not a bum,Im on vacation!....
Old 03-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Texas Chapter member

Jasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to beholdJasperrc is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to FTE!

I don't know the answers to you questions but some one will

'77 F100 Flareside

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
Old 03-06-2017, 05:06 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to FTF.
The ECM should be under the drivers side kick panel inside the truck cab.
Randy
Old 03-06-2017, 08:25 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to FTF
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 03-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
welcome to the site...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Old 09-23-2018, 09:36 PM

frank5079 is on a distinguished road
Well it took almost a year and a half to finish the swap but the wait was worth it. The truck drives so differently with the 351 under the hood....here are a few pics....