Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Towed with F250

Good news

Last Friday, we towed a 4000 lb Hi-Lo camping trailer with our newly purchased 1990 F250

No problem at all

460 didn't even breathe hard

Factory 5 speed did well.....and Flowmasters sounded great with crank windows down. Gonna like this truck!

Jerry

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
That sounds like fun. Where did you take her?

Ryan

Thanks guys. To date, we only towed Hi-L0 from seller 20 miles to our home, but I think truck will easily tow any size camping trailer anywhere.

Mileage unknown. Not sure I want to know. 460 EFI loves gasoline!

Rear end gear ratio unknown. Sorry.

I'll try to submit pic of truck & Hi-LO but am computer pictures challenged, guys

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate ya. Got to admit I was nervous towing 20 year old camper with mismatched tires and 590 pounds bearing down on "weight distrib hitch" but WITHOUT lift bars intact. (Seller couldn't find em). But, we had no prob at all in 95 degree FL heat.

The last time I towed a trailer behind a truck was 1968 Army 6 x 6 towing 1.5 ton trailer.....and I was nervous THEN too....

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Fellro

Staff member
For gear ratio, factory code is on the info tag on the door jamb, just under the latch pin. As long as it is still what it was from the factory, you will be bale to decode it from that.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts