Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ben is a Zombie

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Figured since I've been poking in the last couple days, I might as well make a post. Being 4 hours away from my rigs has opened up another sick and twisted addic...err...passion, in collecting 73-79 Ford literature. Anyway...here's some of the collection I have on the phone, facts manuals, ordering guides, dealer brochures, press releases, selectors, revisions, TSB's, dealer signs, etc etc. There are a few items I'm still missing, but on the whole, including the items not pictured, I'm pretty sure I'm equipped to open a 73-79 Ford truck dealership.

IMG_7485_1_.JPG

IMG_8146_1_.JPG

IMG_8590_1_.JPG

IMG_8591_1_.JPG

IMG_8468_1_.JPG

image14.jpeg

IMG_7332_1_.JPG

image15.jpeg

IMG_7334_1_.JPG

IMG_7335_1_.JPG

IMG_7336_1_.JPG

IMG_7337_1_.JPG

IMG_8678_1_.JPG

IMG_8848_1_.JPG

IMG_6563_1_.JPG

IMG_6562_1_.JPG

IMG_6619_1_.JPG

IMG_7872_1_.JPG

IMG_7888_1_.JPG

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Very nice, Ben! No interchange manual?

I do...just not pictured. I have about another 6 boxes of 73-79 literature in the guest bedroom. Tried getting in to 57-60 stuff too, but got my ass handed to me in the wallet thickness department. For an album that's $50 in the 73-79 world, a comparable album in the 57-60 world is probably closer to $350-500. I tried getting in to the 92-96/7 literature world as well, but good lord there's so much stuff, someone was looking to self-justify their own job.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Right on Ben!...very nice collection!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I don't see any prices! What's up with that? smilietease

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Right on Ben!...very nice collection!

Thank you Gentlemen. I've been collecting for several years now, but really took off over the last 12-18 months. All of the generic dealer stuff is marked off the list. Recently marked a couple of my last half dozen Holy Grail items off the list too, with the bicentennial info and 77 explorer data. My focus these days are the rest of the grail items...the Midas Touch sales brochure, Steiger Truck brochure, product data albums, and press releases.

Nice- love that stuff!

This stuff has settled many internet quarrels...and the funny thing is, I catch myself reading/thumbing through the stuff more hours a day than I care to admit.

I don't see any prices! What's up with that? smilietease

HAHA...I'm a hoarder...what can I say. But I do have a couple quadruplicate items I'll probably be letting go of shortly.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Steiger? Awesome. We have a rancher south of us that still uses a behemoth 1970 Steiger tractor for plowing and planting.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...There was a promotional if you bought a tractor, you had the option of buying a matching Ford-Steiger truck. Just a light duty truck with sub-contracted bolt ons. I've seen/read that there were somewhere between 17 and 33 created. I spose when you drop 6 figures on a tractor, your wallet gets a little tighter.

I'm not even sure if it's buried in a standard Steiger Tractor brochure, or if it had a stand alone brochure, or what...but this is what I'm referencing:

Steiger_Truck.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'd love to have that license plate and the picture frame....very cool!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Yeah...There was a promotional if you bought a tractor, you had the option of buying a matching Ford-Steiger truck. Just a light duty truck with sub-contracted bolt ons. I've seen/read that there were somewhere between 17 and 33 created. I spose when you drop 6 figures on a tractor, your wallet gets a little tighter.

I'm not even sure if it's buried in a standard Steiger Tractor brochure, or if it had a stand alone brochure, or what...but this is what I'm referencing:

Steiger_Truck.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/machineryp...93067298117/10152279632563118/?type=1&theater

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
And here's the Midas brochure I'm still looking for as well. So if anyone runs across either, snag it, hold it for ransom and I'll pay it.
image16.jpeg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
While scrolling through the phone for the Midas brochure found a couple wall hangers I've snagged too.

image17.jpeg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's an awesome collection! Just what I need, another thing to spend time looking for:)

I've been lucky to find a few folks that have bought out old dealerships. One of the guys that did, I still talk to daily, and he literally has the baddest N/A 400 on the planet, compliments of Tim Meyer. Beyond that, swap meets, automobilia stores, book stores when they have auto specials, auto fairs and of course ebay. Like I said, been collecting for the last decade or so...but put about 75% of the collection together in the last 2-3 years and the literature alone probably has me in the $4-5k range, but I'm in it for the preservation of these old rigs.

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
While scrolling through the phone for the Midas brochure found a couple wall hangers I've snagged too.

image17.jpeg

Love the prop for the wall hangers. But, I'm sure you can find a better use for M/M. :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Haha...those are just some of the special release display bottles, I'll never drink those. Here's the drinking stock...

image20.jpeg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts