Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Radiator Plastic Petcock Twisted off

07 F-250 Superduty 5.4

I was draining and flushing my radiator and the white plastic petcock at the bottom twisted off the very last time I tightened it. I was only snugging it up. The outer part you can see and tighten/untighten. The inner part lucky for me stayed in but I have a super slow drip that I can only imagine will get worse. Can I buy this part and drain the radiator, install and refill? All the things I take my time with and use torque values for and this just twists off. It's a hollow plastic bolt. Thank you

blacksnapon

Staff member
07 F-250 Superduty 5.4

I was draining and flushing my radiator and the white plastic petcock at the bottom twisted off the very last time I tightened it. I was only snugging it up. The outer part you can see and tighten/untighten. The inner part lucky for me stayed in but I have a super slow drip that I can only imagine will get worse. Can I buy this part and drain the radiator, install and refill? All the things I take my time with and use torque values for and this just twists off. It's a hollow plastic bolt. Thank you
I have replaced them, but I don't know if they're available separately from Ford. You might try parts store supply. I had an old radiator that I robbed it out of.

I got an aftermarket one from the parts store for 4 bucks. Since I had no way to loosen the old one with the head snapped off I put a hose on the drain and used a screwdriver with the head slightly bigger than the center hole and lightely tapped it in about an 1/8th inch. Then it turned out enough for me to just pull it strait out with pliers once the fluid was all drained. The new one just pushed in and snapped in place. I could then tighten it up. Easy job to do.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts