Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Why me?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Worked on one today, "Customer says fuel gauge and steering wheel controls quit at the same time". I'd been getting PITA jobs for a while, so I thought this one wont be so bad. I verified that the steering wheel switches wouldn't work the radio. Checked for DTCs in the ACM (audio control module). ACM not reporting. Did a network test, ACM not reporting. Pinpoint test says to remove radio, and check power and ground. Pulled radio, theres extra radio plugs loose behind. Checked numbers, not the correct radio for the truck. Further checking, its a buyback. Wonder what I'll get into with the fuel gauge?

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
youll figure it out mate...

blacksnapon

Staff member
When they're "reaquired" they are supposed to be repaired and inspected thoroughly, then given a 12 month, 24k warranty. Someone at the inspecting dealer needed a radio I guess.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not exactly the 'attaboy' you should get for being the best at what you do...good luck with it, not something I'd wanna do.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
did you get it fixed yet?? or you still cuzzing it out?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Got lucky. We recommended that he return to the selling dealer to address this issue. Something like what he has can't be warranteed, and he wasn't wanting to pay for it.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
ahh... save you then... :D

rambler

New Shoes......
buy back means "lemon law" or maybe rebuilt totaled? I still cannot get my cruise control to work on mine, been chasing wire demons for too long...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts