Ford Truck Fanatics

Home Forum Gallery TOTM Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Audio&Video
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read My Threads / My Replies Fliers

Find us on Facebook

Audio&Video Audio, Video, Satellite Radio, Alarms, etc.

Welcome to the Ford Truck Fanatics forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Login for fewer ads.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Tagged, bagged & deleted

FarmForward has a spectacular aura aboutFarmForward has a spectacular aura about
2005 F350/mp3 question

I have a 2005 F350. It has a factory AM/FM 6 CD in-dash factory stereo, which works very well. The stereo has a button marked AUX on it, which I assumed I could use to play my mp3 player with. But when I push this button, the radio display says "NO AUX". So, my question is this: can I use my mp3 player through the factory stereo, and if so, what do I need to do or buy to make it happen?

The mp3 player is a Microsoft Zune, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any replies... help greatly appreciated.

FF
Old 07-10-2011, 05:27 PM
The Token Canadian

Super Moderator

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
You need one of these:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=24

I got one on eBay for around $70. Not picked up or installed yet. I got sick and tired of using my Zune through an FM transmitter. A couple of friends have products by this company and have been very happy with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:08 AM
War Eagle

wareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to behold
Duncan, would you need that if you have an auxiliary jack for your stereo?

1966 Mustang Coupe
200 Inline 6
Old 07-15-2011, 09:37 AM
The Token Canadian

Super Moderator

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
No, if you have the normal 1/8" stereo line in jack, use that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.