Ford Truck Fanatics

Home Forum Gallery TOTM Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 6
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read My Threads / My Replies Fliers

Find us on Facebook

Generation 6 1973-1979 F100, F150, F250, F350

Welcome to the Ford Truck Fanatics forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Login for fewer ads.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:04 PM
'Til the day I die....

TheDesertRat is on a distinguished road
Emissions and vacuum diagram for 1978 F350

I'm looking for a nice clear scan of a smog/emissions/vacuum diagram for a 1978 F250. Or for an F150 with a 460. I have a 78 F150 that has a 460 swapped in and I have to put all the Ca. smog parts on it in order to get the smog ref to pass it. I have this one but it isn't clear when I blow it up. I have to locate and install all the smog parts that would have come on a light duty truck in California in 1978 which should include the F150 and F250 (or any F series under 8000 GVWR). If somebody knows where this picture came from, I would like to know that. I believe it could be from a Mitchell catalog.

Thomas Paine

Last edited by TheDesertRat : 10-19-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2010, 07:18 PM
Still Da Man

Mil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond repute
knew what you were looking for and have had it scanned and ready for you for days now.

Now Just keep clicking the images until they are real close ups.

They end up being very large after you click full screen and then one more click

wrong image

I speak in "Straight Talk" Deal with it.

Click for Red Deer, Alberta Forecast

Last edited by Mil1ion : 10-19-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:25 PM
'Til the day I die....

I have both of those pics in hi-res, perhaps from you previously. If you look at both of those pics and the one I posted, they are different. I am wondering why the one I posted above has more junk on it than the other two? For example, the vacuum canister is on the top pic but not on the other two.

Thomas Paine

Old 10-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Still Da Man

Mil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond reputeMil1ion has a reputation beyond repute
above post edited

I'll rescan it for you larger

Old 10-19-2010, 07:39 PM
'Til the day I die....

That webshots site is driving me nuts. I am a member there but now they want you to download their program with their proprietary picture format. I just want it in .jpg. Another Sony type company trying to reinvent the wheel I suppose.

Thomas Paine

Last edited by TheDesertRat : 10-19-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Still Da Man

see your PM

Last edited by Mil1ion : 10-19-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:46 PM
'Til the day I die....

We are PM'ing each other but for the benefit of others, do you know why that scan shows a vacuum canister and the other pics don't have it? I wonder if the other pics are 49 state diagrams and that one is for Ca. only? And by the way, thanks for all the help.

Thomas Paine

Old 10-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Still Da Man

One is Preliminary and the other... the one above is Final

Old 10-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Still Da Man

The last one is more for the E-350 since it has more vacuum actuated things

I have another one for the F150-F250-F350

Last edited by Mil1ion : 10-19-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:56 PM
'Til the day I die....

Ok, so I would assume I would use the final. Although, I do have some scans from the Mitchell catalog and the list of required items to pass Ca. smog in 1978. Finding all the parts though has been quite the headache. I've hit the Stockton Pick n' Pull twice so far and had great luck. But, as I posted elsewhere I just found that my heads don't have the air ports in the back. So, I may have to source different heads.

Thomas Paine