Ford Truck Fanatics

Home Forum Gallery TOTM Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read My Threads / My Replies Fliers

Find us on Facebook

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Welcome to the Ford Truck Fanatics forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Login for fewer ads.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:12 PM
OP of 1st PWT

5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute
Brake light and reverse light wiring problem

well a few days ago i posted about having no reverse lights on the 88. well now it has only 1 brake light again.. this had happened a few months ago so i replaced all the bulbs. well now it has happened again.. i havent got the chance to really pull it apart and check anything but i got a circuit tester to check if im getting power to the connectors in the socket. if i am then i know its a bulb connection problem... but the only problem with that is the parking lights work.... but if not that means a short circuit somewhere or ground problem. cause all the fuses are fine. but first off what should i hook the aligator clip on the circuit tester too? aint it gonna be a ground? but any more tips?
Hedman Longtubes, magnaflow cats, X-Pipe, Spintech mufflers

AOD, red clutch packs, 2" OD band, Rebuilt/upgraded valve body, Stall coming soon
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 09:22 PM
hitech hillbilly

Super Moderator

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
I normally clip mine to the bumper or the stake pocket.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Country Boys Can Survive

1985 Ford F-150 has a reputation beyond repute1985 Ford F-150 has a reputation beyond repute1985 Ford F-150 has a reputation beyond repute1985 Ford F-150 has a reputation beyond repute1985 Ford F-150 has a reputation beyond repute1985 Ford F-150 has a reputation beyond repute1985 Ford F-150 has a reputation beyond repute1985 Ford F-150 has a reputation beyond repute1985 Ford F-150 has a reputation beyond repute1985 Ford F-150 has a reputation beyond repute1985 Ford F-150 has a reputation beyond repute
Hook it to a piece of metal and then wiggle it till ya get the light to come on.
86 F-250 HD 4x4
79 Bronco
Old 03-05-2010, 09:42 PM
OP of 1st PWT

5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute
here is the wiring diagram and i dont understand any of it....
not real good with electrical...

AOD, red clutch packs, 2" OD band, Rebuilt/upgraded valve body, Stall coming soon
Old 03-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Ranger Lariat

Fordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond reputeFordzilla80 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by nflfreak43 View Post
here is the wiring diagram and i dont understand any of it....
not real good with electrical...

All the circles with squiggly lines are bulbs.Blk is usually ground,and dots at the T's(where one wire meets another) are splices.

Wht=White
LT Blu=Light Blue

Those abbreviations indicate wire colors.Just follow the wires.

Keep in mind the wires could be completely different colors than what the diagram lists.One thing I can say is that the license plate lights use a brown and black wire,it's that way on my 80,and it's that way on a buddy's 95,I don't think they changed those colors.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:53 AM
leaving

A_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud of
yep looks like your looking for a Black and apink wire going to your rear back up lamps, and a black wire ground, So check the ground.

and ont he brake lights
Light green and a orange, going into the lamp and black gorund, with brown running out .
the righ tone is, light blue and orange.

Good luck, Have fun
1981 toy 4x4
1991 toy 4x4
1988 rx7 na
Old 03-06-2010, 03:43 PM
OP of 1st PWT

ok ive got the tail lamps apart and i was looking for a ground spot and i cant find any ground spot. i have the brake lights fixed but it still has no reverse lights. where would the ground be for the reverse lights.. and if it has a good ground where is the reverse switch?

Old 03-06-2010, 04:58 PM
hitech hillbilly

Super Moderator

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
the switch is mounted on the tranny.