Ford Truck Fanatics

Home Forum Gallery TOTM Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Custom Fabrication
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read My Threads / My Replies Fliers

Find us on Facebook

Welcome to the Ford Truck Fanatics forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Login for fewer ads.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:51 PM

tomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud of
camper shell modifications and "must-haves"

so now i've got a camper shell and am wanting to do a few things to it.

what have you guys done to yours? installed, added on, cut off, glued down?

i've seen skan's carpet kit. like the idea, but don't want to go that far. i'm thinking about just getting a nice size piece of plywood and putting a shelf from rail to rail up by the cab. keeps some stuff under cover and give me a little more room when i need it. maybe cover it with some matching indoor/outdoor carpet.

anyone do anything from the ceiling? seems like a good place to hang something, just not ready to drill into it. i'm thinking hooks for fishing poles and stuff.

any fancy drawers, lights, etc you want to show off?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2009, 03:58 PM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute
My cap came with some rope loops in the ceiling- looked like for a fishing pole or something. I never took 'em out, but I've never once used 'em, either.

One mod I'd probably do if I left the cap on all year instead of just for the winter is a 12v power point somewhere near the tailgate. Electric coolers are sweet on road trips, and just inside the tailgate is a good place for one.

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed -- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed -- 1986 BMW R80

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling
Old 07-28-2009, 04:41 PM

tomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud oftomtoc has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere View Post
My cap came with some rope loops in the ceiling- looked like for a fishing pole or something. I never took 'em out, but I've never once used 'em, either.
mind taking a pic of those sometime? how are they secured to the roof. seems like everyone (including me) dreads drilling into these things.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:42 PM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute
Mine's an aluminum one, so it's got "bows" made of square tubing with a "skin" stretched over the top. The loops are passed between the bow and the skin, somehow.

I can take a pic, but I don't think it will help you any.

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed -- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed -- 1986 BMW R80

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling
Old 07-28-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere View Post
Mine's an aluminum one, so it's got "bows" made of square tubing with a "skin" stretched over the top. The loops are passed between the bow and the skin, somehow.
that makes sense i guess. mine's fiberglass, so nothing to loop the rope between
Old 07-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Ford Truck Fanatic Administrator

Admin

slmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond repute
not sure if this would work or not.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...11000_100-11-7

2010 F-150 STX 4X4
VOTE FOR FTF