Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2012 Ranger Spied Again

PickupTrucks said:
New photos of left-hand-drive future Ford Ranger mules reveal a bit more about Ford's next-generation global small truck. The single and double cab versions seen in these photos appear to share a common wheelbase, though the lumpy sheet metal they wear is strictly a placeholder for the future body-on-frame cab and cargo box we've yet to see. Overall, the new Ranger, expected by 2012, appears a bit larger than the current Ranger sold in the U.S., which isn't available in a four-door crew cab configuration.

The new pickup likely means all Ford Ranger models will be built on a single global platform, code-named T6, that's being designed in Australia. The current U.S.-built and overseas Ford Ranger models share only their names.

An industry source says the T6 Ranger for the U.S. will likely be powered by a new 1.6-liter, four-cylinder direct-injection, turbocharged EcoBoost engine producing at least 175 horsepower and 180 pounds-feet of torque.

P.S. For our good friends at Truck Trend, the black mule pictured above is this mystery truck. And the reason it's riding so low is that there's steel ballast in the bed to simulate a heavy payload.

Pictures in link:

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/05/spied-again-future-ford-ranger.html

A new Turbo Ranger sounds awesome. :)

Where is the BII version?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
All the spy shots show that slopes nose; not a fan. I thought they struck gold with the most recent body style with the mean looking face. That thing is sexy.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
its a fake. look at it closely.. its almost the same as the ones we got.. exept the hood is extremly slanted. thats the fake part.. see that the body lines from the hood doesnt match the windshield? i think its a fake plastic cover or soemthing the paint on the black one is funny over the hood also or do i have just an sharp eye for these things?

this is gonna be the outcome

2007_Ford_Ranger_2.jpg

Ford%20Ranger%5B9%5D.jpg

funny thing i drove it.. worked on it.. and u guys havent even see one yet haha

Last edited:
its a fake. look at it closely.. its almost the same as the ones we got.. exept the hood is extremly slanted. thats the fake part.. see that the body lines from the hood doesnt match the windshield? i think its a fake plastic cover or soemthing the paint on the black one is funny over the hood also or do i have just an sharp eye for these things?

this is gonna be the outcome

2007_Ford_Ranger_2.jpg

Ford%20Ranger%5B9%5D.jpg

funny thing i drove it.. worked on it.. and u guys havent even see one yet haha
What about this one?

File:Ford_Ranger.JPG

Last edited:

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
same thing i posted with a little more blind to it.. different grill too

looks good :)

same thing i posted with a little more blind to it.. different grill too

looks good :)

Thats what the new Europe/Austrailia one looks like. Hopefully thats the one they are importing. :D

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Conner I'm on a 24" 16:9 (not 16:10) widescreen monitor and I STILL have to scroll side to side to see that whole photo 'smiliedoh' If I'm having problems then I'm betting everyone else is too :p

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
yeah that spy shot one is fugly....... i like the orange and the blue ones posted though!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Lookin' pretty good... But they need to loose all of the gaudy accessories... Like the roof rails, running boards, bed rails, etc... Looks like perhaps they even have some kind of fiberglass deal mounted behind the cab. If so-- lose that too.

Lookin' pretty good... But they need to loose all of the gaudy accessories... Like the roof rails, running boards, bed rails, etc... Looks like perhaps they even have some kind of fiberglass deal mounted behind the cab. If so-- lose that too.

Oh come on Chris... it makes it look 'aggressive'... :p

smilietease smiliestirthepot

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
As much as I hate to say it... Toyota is really onto something with this body style on the Tacoma:

CIMG1674.jpg

I've always liked it. Looks very aggressive and "big" (notice the quotes) for being a sub-fullsize truck.

Ford Truck Articles