Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

October Chat Thread

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Lots of trees and wires come down in that....

I used to hate plowing that, it was so heavy, you had nowhere to push it to. Only good thing, it don't stick around long

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
You still have leaves on the trees, Randy?

Heavy snowfall before they drop can really wreak havoc...

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
We do! Some are down, but this us usually the last of the "pretty leaves" season.

It's making the trees over here on the east side of Md blow way over too!

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
We have a bunch of leaves yet. Trees are snapping right and left here now. Around 7-8 inches of snow now and still putting it down. My poor apple and plum trees have a few broken limbs they were full of leaves.

CAPofMD

Delaware Chapter member
Hope today is better than 2 days ago!!! How much did you get up getting, Smokey? Hope you still have electricity.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Nope all utilitys are out not expected to be restoted till next week. No electtirc cell cable internet,etcinternet,etc
Most cell towers are down only uscellular is working im posting with my cell
26" main storm 4 more last night.

Looking at the news on the telly here it was a pretty big storm and is leaving a lot of mess - i hope all you guys are safe and able to keep warm at least.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
How ya makin' out Smokey?

I see on the news you all are still battling the weather

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Doing great up here on the mountain.
My electric came back on about a hour ago. I was out charging peoples freezers with a generator when my wife called and said our electric was back on. 4 days with out power wasn't to bad still many in the area with out power.
I know i'm going to get a big genset and wire the panel to disconnect where I can run the entire house off it.
No water was the worst of it hard to flush toilets by melting snow.
At least we have a home to come home to where some of the poor people in NY and NJ lost everything.
My Prayers go out to them and their families.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
We got about 2-4" more inches of new snow last night. That's nothing.
Warmed up above freezing today and some of the snow melted off the tree limbs.
I lost a entire row of 30 foot tall Chinese elm trees lining my drive way broke out most of the limbs and snapped a few off half way up. I'll cut them all down and replant something else.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I always fill barrels here when I know the power is going to be down. That's pretty much every storm. In the summer we have the pool to use.People that have city water see storms differently

I think when we build the new house, when we move to NC, I'll put in a gen set with a transfer switch.

Ford Truck Articles