Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1970 Ford F-350 Sport Custom - Dump Truck: REBUILT

picture.php

More pictures on my forum album at More Pictures Link.

This is a edited copy of my craigslist post of my truck for sale, can be seen at: Link to Craigslist. Thought I would post here since so many spam calls and spam text from CL.

Location is in North Carolina in the foothills. If seriously interested, you can call eight2eight four0seven three6two1 leave message if no answer.

This is my second f-350 I have worked on, this one full engine rebuild. I first installed new edlebrock heads on it but the helio coil inserts came out so had to switch back to original heads with an overhaul. Won't use Edlebrock ever again after that. Only thing it needs is exhaust pipes properly mounted, strapped at the moment, was going to put quieter muffs on but never got to it. Was going to be my new hauling truck, but not much hauling business here so selling.

Recently rebuilt 1970 Ford F-350 Sport Custom with 4-speed manual and PTO dump, in exceptional condition. Rebuilt 360 FE engine for hauling (RV Cam, ect.). Less than 500 miles of use after rebuild. Has tow hitch. Did all rebuild work myself unless where noted by a **. Detailed parts and replacement list provided to serious buyers, too much to list here, so the long description below may be a bit bland. A long list of work has been done with a variety a new parts including the following:

Rebuilt engine, 360 FE:
  • New pistons
  • New piston rings
  • New crankshaft bearings and main bearings
  • New fully adjustable rocker arms
  • New RV Torque CAM
  • Pertonix Ignition Coil
  • Pertonix Billet Distributor
  • Edelbrock Carerator
  • Edelbrock Intake Manifold
  • New double roller timing set
  • Overhauled cylinder heads
  • Headman Headers
  • New fuel pump
  • New master cylinder and booster
  • New flywheel
  • New clutch
  • New dual exhaust pipes with thrush cherry bomb mufflers, pipes end at back of cab
  • All new hoses
  • New heater core and heater valve
  • New radiator
  • New battery and battery cables
  • New fuel hoses

Dump Bed:
  • PTO/hydraulic
  • replaced hydraulic fluid
  • custom hand built side walls with double gate in back
  • hand cranked dump tarp mounted

Brakes:
  • front and rear drum brakes
  • brake replacement and maintenance (**was done through external source)

Drive Train:
  • gear oil replaced in diff box and transmission

Electrical and lighting:
  • all lights replaced with LED lights and or bulbs (headlights and taillights on bed are not LED)

Wheels:

• all new rims on all 6 wheels, like originals (no more split rims!), each rim has 3000lb rating
  • all new tires, less than 500 miles of use

Price:
Price is a hard and firm $8800.

Partial Trade Option:
However, I am willing to do a partial trade for a small, manual transmission, older than 1984 vehicle, with up to and no more than a $4000 difference in price, depending on condition, and any work needed to that vehicle. Not interested in non-operable vehicles. I have very specific needs in a potential partial trade, so that option will depend on what you have available. Though most likely I will pass on any partial trades, unless you have a working VW Vanagon or a Jaguar XJ6 (don't ask).

Ford Truck Articles