Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Do I REALLY??

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Dereck,yes you will have to cut the inner fenders for this style of header or raise the cab.them baby's stick out pretty far.I run a set of Hooker Headers on my 79 f250 460 and they tuck in nice neatly inside the frame rails and give plenty of clearance on the drivers side as the header comes in more twards the engine away from the driveshaft.Grant it they arent the best but they do the job for my needs and alot less expensive also.Look on page 4 i believe in my gallery of pics.there is a pic of my rig with the front end off while i installed the engine.you can see the passenger side header pretty well and some of the drivers side,you can get an idea of how they run.when my time permits ill take some underneath shots and post them as well.I run a dual exhaust setup that runs along the passenger side and exits before the rear tire.

Last edited:

primetime

sawmill slave
Are you thinking 460 Derek? But either way, what Buzzgun said.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Personally, I feel L&L has gotten watered down...and not the name to have anymore. You looked at anything from Thorley or Mad Dog???

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts