Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F250 Petrol tanks

Does any company make after market fuel tanks that will work for a '77 F250. If so and they have an internet website, a link would be most helpful as well, as my computer skills are limited at best. Does not need to be a custom fit tank, any generic tank that would fit is good. Plastic is even better, but a metal tank will be fine as well.

Craig

Fellro

Staff member
2wd or 4wd? I am only finding factory frame mounted, which would be for 77.5 -79 and F150. I found them both at Autozone and Rock Auto.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Apologies on the lack of information I provided. The truck is a 2 wheel drive, regular cab, long box. It has extensive modifications completed, and went from a 2 tank petrol system, too just having 1 rear tank, its under the bed. Its old, rusty, and small. The truck for many years has not gone too far at a time. But with the recent purchase of a new camper, I'll be using it for long trips, and hoped to increase its range per tank. There is a lot of free space under there, so a much larger tank should easily fit.
Does a company exist that will make a fuel to the size you want?
If its possible to source a tank, or tank maker, that would be nice.

Craig

Fellro

Staff member
There is a larger aftermarket bolt in tank available, but at over 2x the price of a regular tank.

N-ingouZ8vday

Spectra is the manufacturer, F26A is the part #

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
rockauto.com has one, rear, 19 gal, 34 3/4 x 27 x 8 1/8. lists for $74.79 + shipping

Sorry I have been absent to respond until now. My choice is to go with the Spectra, as it has twice the volume, the extended range between fill ups will be nice. My truck has just one tank now, and would not be considered easy on gas.

Fellro

Staff member
I see Rock Auto also has the exact same tank, but for a more realistic price:
SPECTRA PREMIUM Part # F26A Lock Ring Kit Included
38 Gallon; Behind Rear Axle; w/o Roll Over Valve; 34-3/4" x 27" x 13-3/4"; Optional High Capacity Tank; Requires Modification of Sending Unit as per Instructions in Box $150.79

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I use Rock Auto quite a bit, no complaints so far

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts