Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

330 Engine?

Just ran the vin on a 76 and got this: "Vin decodes as a 1976 F100 2WD Pickup built at the Norfolk plant in August 1976 and powered by a 8 cyl 330 cid 2-bbl engine." I haven't heard of a 330 engine. I'm guessing its a typo but checking here for info if it isn't.

Fellro

Staff member
Only 330 I know of is used in medium duty trucks, never heard of one in an F100. They are of the FT designation.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
330's were industrial engines, wouldn't have been in that truck and surely not on the VIN. What's the engine code???

Vin is F10CND02956. Truck currently has a 302 w/ FMX trans. Not sure where to find the engine code, it wasn't on the door tag and there isn't a buck tag under the hood.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I dont have a 76 book, but the 75 book does in fact say a "c" is a 330, although it is listed under the medium duty category...:confused:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Is it possible that the "C" could be a "G", which would indicate a 302 motor for 1976? Some of those vin tags/buck tags were pretty lightly stamped.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Is it possible that the "C" could be a "G", which would indicate a 302 motor for 1976? Some of those vin tags/buck tags were pretty lightly stamped.

That would make the most sense.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts