Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Free Flywheel

I truly have more junk than I need. I just pulled this flywheel out of my 79. It fits an early 429 or 460. When I did the original conversion I could not purchase a factory Ford flywheel that would take anything but a Borg and Beck pressure plate. So I drilled and tapped this one to take a Chevy diaphram pressure plate. I ran it for 27 years. It shows very little wear. It takes an eleven inch Chevy plate. The flywheel is Hays.

Need it, pay shipping and it is yours.

I just bought a L&L 12" clutch setup. It was supposed to be here today, I am now hoping for tomorrow.

I bought the truck new the day after Thanksgiving 1979. I started life with a 351M.

The last few years have been rough on it. It needs paint.

In additon to the factory rear tank, I have two 18 gallon tanks tucked under the wheel wells, a 20K PTO driven winch off of a duece and a half, and a 70 Tbird 429 bored .040 over with cam, Edlebrock carb, and L&L headers in it.

The winch can be run with the transfer case in high or low gear. The transmission can be used to match spool speed to truck speed or it can be left in neutral.

I have a Gear Vendors two speed stashed, but do not know if I will ever get it put in.

I'm not much of a forum guy, but I thought it was better to offer this than scrap it, so I registered.

Last edited:
I truly have more junk than I need. I just pulled this flywheel out of my 79. It fits an early 429 or 460. When I did the original conversion I could not purchase a factory Ford flywheel that would take anything but a Borg and Beck pressure plate. So I drilled and tapped this one to take a Chevy diaphram pressure plate. I ran it for 27 years. It shows very little wear. It takes an eleven inch Chevy plate. The flywheel is Hays.

Need it, pay shipping and it is yours.

I just bought a L&L 12" clutch setup. It was supposed to be here today, I am now hoping for tomorrow.

I bought the truck new the day after Thanksgiving 1979. I started life with a 351M.

The last few years have been rough on it. It needs paint.

In additon to the factory rear tank, I have two 18 gallon tanks tucked under the wheel wells, a 20K PTO driven winch off of a duece and a half, and a 70 Tbird 429 bored .040 over with cam, Edlebrock carb, and L&L headers in it.

The winch can be run with the transfer case in high or low gear. The transmission can be used to match spool speed to truck speed or it can be left in neutral.

I have a Gear Vendors two speed stashed, but do not know if I will ever get it put in.

I'm not much of a forum guy, but I thought it was better to offer this than scrap it, so I registered.

The fly wheel is important on balance .make sure it is ballaced between a small block an from a big block ,other wise it will create vibration!...:cooldude:

Ford Truck Articles