Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Crew

My crew

I have a basket case. A good start, I have most of the parts. The only rust is in the front where the front mount for the cab is. I bought a new set from Carolina Classics. I have to finish my 56 first. Working out of town limits my production but it will happen!!!!

100_0776.JPG

100_0774.JPG

100_0773.JPG

100_0772.JPG

100_0771.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks like a good sized project!...welcome to FTF!

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Cool project! Didn't realize they made crew cabs that far back.

I believe the first in house crew was in 65. Before that they were farmed out to other companies. Usually ones that have external door hinges were farmed out to other companies. If u notice the front wing vent is different from the back. I have found some of the 80's truck that have the same setup. I have the frame and bed sitting on 4x4 s. That is why the bed and cab look uneven. It sits on a F-350 late model frame and has the power steering and disc brakes. It has a swoop in the frame, so I will weld a piece of off set angle to the top to replicate the old frame. ( I have that also) Besides the cab has a total of 6 mounts. I am replacing the front cab mounts because they have some rust. If u r interested Carolina Classics makes a really nice set.
Jonesy

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You're welcome...I didn't want to see it get missed in a different thread..smilieFordlogo

Stageway( a division of Armbuster corp.) and Crown (North America) Orville metal supply are just to name a few of the after market companies. Not sure of how far back they go but they had crews in the 50's. Hope someone else has some info.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I believe the first in house crews were assembled beginning mid-year 1965.

Before that they were farmed out to other companies, have external rear door hinges.

All were converted from Regular Cabs by Crown Coach and etc.
The shape of the upper rear doors are also different on the conversions.

Crown Coach was located for most of its life in Los Angeles, they're now out of business.

Last edited:
I have not done any work to the crew, but while I was home I got a 460 with a C6 trans and a gear vendor to give it the overdrive it needs. Kind of stoked about it but really sucks having to work on the road and nothing gets done to the truck. Could be worse, be unemployed, no money, and no project. So I guess life is still good!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts