Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello

hello all i am new to this site and a ford lover since childhood.
i curently own a 79 F150 ranger 4x4 ,07mustang gt conv and a 94 4x4
i just purchased a 66 4x4 and would like to know what u people think of it and any advice would be great i was told it was a F 350 but the vin decoders i have seen dont seem to show a 350 in 66

Attachments

• DSCF0014.JPG
  • DSCF0006.JPG
  • DSCF0007.JPG
  • DSCF0008.JPG
  • DSCF0009.JPG

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Welcome aboard man...glad to have you. Enjoy your stay here and post up often. As for the rides, I'm diggin them a whole lot. As for the 66...no 350 4x4's until 79...so it's more than likely a 250 4x4 and there's an outside chance that it's a 2wd 350 that was converted at some point, be it a MH conversion or a backyard job.

On edit...just took a look at the vin and it's definitely a 250.

A quick search shows this:

Your VIN number: F26YE834333
Your Model Year is March 1966.

Truck Series: F250 4 Wheel Drive

Engine: 2V - 352cid, 208 HP, 4400 RPM

Assembly on: Manwah

Regardless...I love those body styles and you don't see them very often at all.

One more edit...just noticed the loggers box...I've always been a fan of those too. Looks like you have some work ahead of you, but have the potential to have an awesome rig.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
as for my plans i want to fix it and run it ive already been offered twice what i paid fo it

Well I'd hold on to it (unless you wanna float it my way)...don't see many of them at all, and when you do...they go for some good coin.

its not listed in the decoder i used

Dunno what to tell ya there bud.

btw nice bronco ben i have a 78 i paid 50$ for its rotted but it runs like a champ

I appreciate it man. I paid 2200 for mine...and I have the opposite problem, body and interior are pretty daggon good...but the ol' 351M wel,l past it's prime, mainly bad rings...but I have a pile of parts just waiting to go in whenever I decide to get on it.

my 79 F150 ranger has the 351 M and it was runing strong but i added a edlebrock 4 barrel intake and carb started it up ran it for 20 mins and now i cant get it to fire . i have to get it running so i can try to sell it wanna put the coin into my 66

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
my 79 F150 ranger has the 351 M and it was runing strong but i added a edlebrock 4 barrel intake and carb started it up ran it for 20 mins and now i cant get it to fire . i have to get it running so i can try to sell it wanna put the coin into my 66

Well if you need any help figuring out what's wrong...just start a thread

Thats an AWESOME truck. I dig 4x4s in that bodystyle, I want it. :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts