Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What is it?

I was snooping around on the net today and came across this truck. It has a cab like a 61 to 66, but the rest is like nothing I have ever seen.

Attachments

• 111A A_NL9000.jpg

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
All most looks like a Dodge from the side...

It looks like a 65-66 medium duty truck chassis. They did the same thing then as they do now...

1992-Ford-Dumptruck.jpg

My dad drives one of those at work, actually exactly like that, and interestingly enough they made those trucks all the way until 1998 with a Gen7 Dashboard and interior. Its weird, '80-'86 interior in a '98 truck. :p

Look like a 61-66 F-600 to me

Thanks for the responses to the question. I think Blue Goose nailed it. I had posted the same question on a couple of more sites. I got an e-mail from a friend that had seen the post and said he knew of the truck and that it belonged to a woman in Texas. He also noted that it was an N series Ford and that it would have had to have been stretched because Ford never made a long hood N series truck. I knew that I have never seen anything like it before.

The truck in the first post is a FT 9000, F for full conventional cab, T is for the twin-screw rear axles, 9000 is for a full length front or stretched front end that is diesel powered. This truck most likely left the factory with a 270 or 335 horse Cummins engine. My father and I owned one of these back in the sixties. Tom

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
There is no such thing as an FT Series.

It's a T Series. T Series (T700/950) trucks were assembled 1961/69.

The first three digits of the VIN is the SERIES code.

T70 = T700 / T75 = T750 / T80 = T800 (gas) / T85 = T850 (gas) / T95 = T950 (gas) / U80 = T800 (diesel) / U85 = T850 (diesel) / U95 = T950 (diesel).

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts