Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 08-10-2017, 10:22 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Started on the rear gas tank at about 10:00 this morning and just finished up. I'm sure glad I removed the hitch before dealing with the tank. I also had to pull the exhaust pipes out a little ways with a ratchet strap in order for the tank to clear the pipes.

I'm glad I had help, also. I don't think I could have put that tank back up in there, since you don't have a lot of room to reattach the fuel lines and vent lines.

I will take the truck for a little drive tomorrow after I replace the throttle body gasket.

Once again, thank you everyone for the help and suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2017, 07:00 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Success! Took the truck for a good drive today. No hesitation, stumbling, farting or anything else. I switched tanks numerous times and also did some heavy acceleration with no problems. Now if I can just get the mpg above 8.......

Quote:
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Old 08-12-2017, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

SuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond repute
The heavy acceleration won't help the fuel mileage

Glad you're up and running again Doug

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have some other options if those don't work.

What's your view on sheep?
Old 08-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCab View Post
The heavy acceleration won't help the fuel mileage

Glad you're up and running again Doug
I thought if I could get there quicker, it would use less gas.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-14-2017, 05:58 AM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
I bet if you put it on a rollback the gas milage will bump right up!

Glad you have it running "like new" again
Old 08-14-2017, 08:09 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

The rollback would cost more than 8 mpg!

Quote:
Quote: