Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 12-31-2015, 07:27 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't heard of Naval Jelly in a long time

Plow truck would sure explain that!

One of the guys here did the same sort of thing with an ex plow truck, it worked out well for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2015, 11:55 PM

Lorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by welderr View Post
First I am going to tac a plate to the outside of them frame after I level it up a bit. Then I can pull the body off to make life easier. After it is stripped I will needle scale it and see where I stand. Go from there. definitely going to do something when I am done. Por15, Naval jelly, something.

This was a plow truck. It was parked in a yard most of the time. That's why the frame is so bad.
what are your plans for this truck? aside from the rust, the abuse and shock loads plow trucks get play hell on the frames.

"May you live your life as if the maxim of your actions were to become universal law" Immanual Kant

00 Vw jetta 2.0
77 f150 429
83 Buick century 4.3 diesel (lost to young fun)
-and many others
Old 01-01-2016, 06:23 AM

welderr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorddurock View Post
what are your plans for this truck? aside from the rust, the abuse and shock loads plow trucks get play hell on the frames.
Drive it !!

I know what you are alluding to, But she runs so sweet and the cab is really clean and the clutch feels nice and tight. After 30 years of being in the welding industry, I have seen what plowing can do to a truck. I drove it up onto the roll back when I brought it home. Drove it off too. I think she will be ok as a daily driver in the winter.

To me, the hardest part is going to be replacing the radiator support. That's trash, Where is a good place to get a aftermarket one. Rock auto is some thing like 165.00.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:26 AM
PA Chapter leader

Lost is a glorious beacon of lightLost is a glorious beacon of lightLost is a glorious beacon of lightLost is a glorious beacon of lightLost is a glorious beacon of light
Man if you were in PA . I'm going to pull trans out of my 95 to put in my 94 . Frames good all new hangers . It will probably be scrapped . No one wants whole trucks any more now that we have u pull

94 F150 302 MAf E4od sc long bed 4x4 3:55 LS rears
9MM Ford racing wires MSD cap & rotor and Blaster coil coil . 14-15 MPG Thanks

95 F150 300-6 auto 4x4 8 ft bed barney mobile (yep its purple) . 1 ton front coil and f260 rear leaf suspension Its the plow/firewood truck
Old 01-01-2016, 10:38 AM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
That frame looks like you came from my area. That is how most of that eras frames look around here. The treatments they use on the roads make so you can't have nice things.

I've seen the repair you are attempting done may times. my advice is take a air scaler and hit the frame to get rid of the rust and scale. where ear plugs and muffs as it so loud it will be deafening.
Then take a punch chisel and test the frame all over for weak/thin spots. then patch or replace the entire frame depending on the severity of the damage.

Por15 is good stuff and lasts and lasts. once you have it fixed up slap the por to it.
Randy
Old 01-01-2016, 10:38 AM

welderr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
Man if you were in PA . I'm going to pull trans out of my 95 to put in my 94 . Frames good all new hangers . It will probably be scrapped . No one wants whole trucks any more now that we have u pull
Where are you at in Pa? I live 5 minutes from PA. 5 hours from the southwest corner, lol, so it might be worth the trip. Are the frames the same?
Old 01-01-2016, 01:01 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

To me, the hardest part is going to be replacing the radiator support. That's trash, Where is a good place to get a aftermarket one. Rock auto is some thing like 165.00.
try Certifit
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...ReteLdjIWlQNzw
Old 01-01-2016, 01:52 PM
73-79 Ford Trucks Rock

Big Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the roughBig Jim F150 is a jewel in the rough
Try Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, and also try Dennis Carpenter Reproductions and LMC Truck for your core support and other parts you might need along the way, and also check your local salvage yards and eBay as well. Hope this helpful to you.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:26 PM

Lorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to beholdLorddurock is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Drive it !!

I know what you are alluding to, But she runs so sweet and the cab is really clean and the clutch feels nice and tight. After 30 years of being in the welding industry, I have seen what plowing can do to a truck. I drove it up onto the roll back when I brought it home. Drove it off too. I think she will be ok as a daily driver in the winter.

i wish you the best of luck! i dont know if this is can be done on light dutys, and i cant find any pictures off it being done. when i worked for a Kenworth dealership some guys would support the cab, engine, trans etc on jack stands and remove one frame rail at a time to fab double frame inserts. you might be able to the the same thing and either repair or replace the frame rails. just a long shot crazy idea

"May you live your life as if the maxim of your actions were to become universal law" Immanual Kant

00 Vw jetta 2.0
77 f150 429
83 Buick century 4.3 diesel (lost to young fun)
-and many others
Old 01-02-2016, 06:35 PM
PA Chapter leader

Lost is a glorious beacon of lightLost is a glorious beacon of lightLost is a glorious beacon of lightLost is a glorious beacon of lightLost is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Where are you at in Pa? I live 5 minutes from PA. 5 hours from the southwest corner, lol, so it might be worth the trip. Are the frames the same?
Front frame bumper mount is different . I'd Be Almost 4+ hrs from ya

94 F150 302 MAf E4od sc long bed 4x4 3:55 LS rears
9MM Ford racing wires MSD cap & rotor and Blaster coil coil . 14-15 MPG Thanks

95 F150 300-6 auto 4x4 8 ft bed barney mobile (yep its purple) . 1 ton front coil and f260 rear leaf suspension Its the plow/firewood truck