Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Body Work and Paint

Old 08-03-2015, 07:37 PM

cbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond reputecbaker65 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere View Post
The grille and tailgate Ford ovals on my '09 Ranger are beginning to show their age. Looks to me like they're separating inside, so the blue has "air pockets" in front of it. Not quite the same as the fading you see on trucks from the early '00s, but same effect- the badge looks crappy.

I'm pissed at Ford- it's their logo, fer chrissake- kind of like spelling your name wrong on your mailbox. If I do anything about it, the ovals won't say "Ford" when I'm done.

Some quick research indicates the most common option is to remove the existing ovals, split them, sand off the raised "Ford" letters, and apply a decal, then reassemble and reinstall. Anybody got any experience with these: how hard is it to get a quality result, how long will they hold up, etc.

And, anybody got any vendor suggestions or clever ideas for what I should put there? (Truck is silver, so I can be pretty flexible with color...but I hate red. Also, I do occasionally use my truck for work, so I'd prefer something that's at least vaguely professional- no "mudflap girls" or the like.)
Or kinda of like contracting the emblems out to China or some place..

I bought a Ford key chain tag at kragens for my truck keys,later,
I noticed that it Taiwan or China on it.It made me mad,as I thought
that I was purchasing a real Ford product for my true Ford pickup...

Im not a bum,Im on vacation!....
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2015, 07:41 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaker65 View Post
Or kinda of like contracting the emblems out to China or some place..

I bought a Ford key chain tag at kragens for my truck keys,later,
I noticed that it Taiwan or China on it.It made me mad,as I thought
that I was purchasing a real Ford product for my true Ford pickup...
We are all the cause of that as nobody will pay for stuff made here....LMC is a good example.

On another note, they (offshore) are capable of making a crappier/as good/or better product than here depending on what we are willing to pay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 08-03-2015, 08:28 PM
They call me Spuds

1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute
Hell, try my Super Duty. Ten years old and there's not much blue left on it...