Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Body Work and Paint

Old 04-11-2015, 07:49 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
ooopsie...

Went to wash my truck today and had a little accident... stripped the paint off the rear door on the driver side... one of the po apparently did a home repair which ive hated the look of since i got the truck.. they didnt bother to try matching the paint color... but when i was washing the truck a section of it stripped off...

had dad work on it since hes better with paint and body work than i am.

was him sanding.. under the paint there was a little rust too.. but there were areas it just came right off leaving bare nekid steel...

dad sanded it back down so now its filled in and sanded smooth only where the paint chipped off..

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2015, 07:51 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
At least you found it now before it had a chance to start rusting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 04-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
had already started duncan.. there was small bit of rust under it where it came off.. but thats not the only spot she has that issue.. plan was to get all that fixed when it went in along with a few dents and warped panels... bu every time i get close to having the funds something comes up...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 04-11-2015, 07:57 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't look bad though...and I hear you about crap always coming up when you least expect it!
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:

Old 04-11-2015, 07:58 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
It doesn't look bad though...and I hear you about crap always coming up when you least expect it!

nope.. still hate the yellowish white paint thats on the lower part of the door in spots.. sticks out like a sore thumb in the sun... shes got dings all over where paints been scratched or chipped off i was going to get fixed...

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 04-11-2015, 08:04 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

Bodywork and paint are time consuming...and not cheap for a good job.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-11-2015, 08:09 PM
Virginia Chapter member

4,500-7K depending on what i want them to do per the last estimates i got... but between leaky tranny on the mustang and blown head gaskets on the truck i cant win this yr

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 04-11-2015, 08:11 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

Yeah....Murphy's law...Murphy is a dick.

I have an oil leak under my truck now...bleh...I'll deal with it another day.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-11-2015, 08:18 PM
Virginia Chapter member

mine will get dealt with when i tear into the engine...

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 04-11-2015, 08:28 PM
They call me Spuds

1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Bodywork and paint are time consuming...and not cheap for a good job.
Only if you don't know what you are doing.... For some people, it's only in the cost of materials...
Quote:
...I have an oil leak under my truck now...bleh...I'll deal with it another day.
it's not leaking, it's marking it's territory....