Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > FTF Mustang Club

Old 03-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Flatheads Forever

mtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond repute
I like the car - just for the extras that make it a power trip! I know you'll have a blast with it!!

I had an '82 for a summer before giving it to my son-in-law. I swapped in a 5.0 and T5 in place of the 2.3. It was fun!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:19 AM
FTF's #1 Knob Polisher

Austin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond repute
I'm ready to be driving it. Should have the time to finish up some loose ends this week and get it road legal.
Everyone is my teacher. Some I seek. Some I subconsciously attract. Often I learn simply by observing others. Some may be completely unaware that I'm learning from them, yet I bow deeply in gratitude.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:07 AM
FTF's #1 Knob Polisher

Austin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond repute
Welp, you win some and you lose some. I lost on this one. Blow head gasket... Got the top end torn down tonight. All of the parts and hardware to this point have been quality, so that's nice. Gonna do a re-seal of the entire top end. Gotta find out if the heads are warped (doubt it)... also ran across a bent rod. There goes my black convertible top fund!

A plus is the headlight buckets are perfect for storing nuts and bolts!

Everyone is my teacher. Some I seek. Some I subconsciously attract. Often I learn simply by observing others. Some may be completely unaware that I'm learning from them, yet I bow deeply in gratitude.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:14 AM

amkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bit of a bummer, sorry to hear Austin. Hey, I have the same valve cover bolts
Old 03-05-2014, 12:26 AM
FTF's #1 Knob Polisher

It literally took 30 minutes to tear it down... so at least it's an easy job. Plus side is I get to make sure everything is done right, and I get a chance to check out what I can of the bottom end.

Now to decide if I want to throw away $1200 on fancy heads or not.

I'll send the bolts your way if you want some spares. I hate them with a passion.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:31 AM
FTF's #1 Knob Polisher

Oh, forgot to mention that I have no clue what I'm doing... this is the farthest I've ever had and engine torn down. I've been blowing up Chris' phone all day with questions.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:26 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
That's a lot of spooge in that valve cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:23 AM
Charter Member

BIGRED911 has a brilliant futureBIGRED911 has a brilliant futureBIGRED911 has a brilliant futureBIGRED911 has a brilliant futureBIGRED911 has a brilliant futureBIGRED911 has a brilliant futureBIGRED911 has a brilliant futureBIGRED911 has a brilliant futureBIGRED911 has a brilliant futureBIGRED911 has a brilliant futureBIGRED911 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
That's a lot of spooge in that valve cover.
Ah the water in oil spooge! Lol ive had that stuff come out the radiator cap of an n14 cummins when the oil cooler went out.....

Austin, not sure if im proud of ya or dissapointed, youve had the car how long? And already blew it up! Lol
Old 03-05-2014, 09:45 AM
FTF's #1 Knob Polisher

I didn't do it!

Heads are off and at the machine shop to be looked over.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:57 AM
They call me Spuds

1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute
Austin, spend the money on good head(s), you'll be plenty satisfied with the outcome....