Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Body Work and Paint

Old 04-17-2008, 06:34 PM
blank

Brian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-kuzmen View Post
Heres what the new one looks like. Had to cut and modify it to fit a convertable, almost cried cutting up a $109 peice of metal...
You didn't go the low rider (small truck on airbags) route and use boat trailer fenders? Well....what do you think you are...doing it the right way
like that?

Yes...lots of small tacks and lots of cooling time in between. No way around that with the bigger welder. We (dad and I) bought it when we were rebuilding totalled vehicles. We did a lot of steel fab work to, so...that is what we needed. Never have welded any thin sheet metal on those cars. It was more structural on the vehicles. Sheet metal (mostly front end stuff) was all replaced (bolt on).

Last edited by Brian_B; 04-17-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Master Ford Tech

d-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_B View Post
You didn't go the low rider (small truck on airbags) route and use boat trailer fenders? Well....what do you think you are...doing it the right way
like that?

Yes...lots of small tacks and lots of cooling time in between. No way around that with the bigger welder. We (dad and I) bought it when we were rebuilding totalled vehicles. We did a lot of steel fab work to, so...that is what we needed. Never have welded any thin sheet metal on those cars. It was more structural on the vehicles. Sheet metal (mostly front end stuff) was all replaced (bolt on).
I thought about making it hop, but decided not to.

Ford Senior Master
Master ASE Certified
Diesel Certified
Owner/Operator of
Dave's Garage LLC
Canterbury,CT
860-546-6441
Installer Of Bullet Proof Diesel Products

Click for Jewett City, Connecticut Forecast
Old 05-16-2008, 08:22 PM
blank

Brian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to behold
Any updates?

With the transplant mine is completely on hold.

Old 05-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Master Ford Tech

d-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_B View Post
Any updates?

With the transplant mine is completely on hold.
Im getting ready to get some more pics, I have one side of the trunk floor welded in, hopefully get the other in this weekend. I hated when I had my back done not being able to work on it. Congrats on the transplant!!

Ford Senior Master
Master ASE Certified
Diesel Certified
Owner/Operator of
Dave's Garage LLC
Canterbury,CT
860-546-6441

Old 05-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Master Ford Tech

Finally got some new pics taken.

Heres the trunk floor all welded in, just need to finish grinding the middle seam.

And the new quater trimed hanging, need to flandge and final trim, then weld it in.

Ford Senior Master
Master ASE Certified
Diesel Certified
Owner/Operator of
Dave's Garage LLC
Canterbury,CT
860-546-6441

Old 05-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Master Ford Tech

Had to make patches for both inner wheel wells.

All done and undercoated, can hardley tell...

Ford Senior Master
Master ASE Certified
Diesel Certified
Owner/Operator of
Dave's Garage LLC
Canterbury,CT
860-546-6441

Old 05-29-2008, 05:55 PM
High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen

TheRoadVirus is a jewel in the roughTheRoadVirus is a jewel in the roughTheRoadVirus is a jewel in the roughTheRoadVirus is a jewel in the rough
Nice work. Have you set a deadline for the car? Are you going the restored to stock route or resto-mod or what? Drivetrain specs?

90' F150 302 5 Spd
MSD Ignition
Hurst Shifter
Longtubes
Old 05-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Master Ford Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadVirus View Post
Nice work. Have you set a deadline for the car? Are you going the restored to stock route or resto-mod or what? Drivetrain specs?

Thanks, no deadline, I work on it a couple hrs a day on the weekends. It'll be a stock/possible superbee or R/T clone, right now it's a all matching # car with a 318 w/ a 904 auto. Possible down the road mabe big block, or sell it for something different, wanna get a 68-70 Charger, my son wants a General Lee, so we'll see what happens.

Ford Senior Master
Master ASE Certified
Diesel Certified
Owner/Operator of
Dave's Garage LLC
Canterbury,CT
860-546-6441

Old 05-29-2008, 09:10 PM
High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen

TheRoadVirus is a jewel in the roughTheRoadVirus is a jewel in the roughTheRoadVirus is a jewel in the roughTheRoadVirus is a jewel in the rough
Sweet sweet. I guess it's not really that important to keep it as a numbers matching car with that running gear (still worth a pretty penny numbers matching, or no?)? Look forward to seeing more updates.

90' F150 302 5 Spd
MSD Ignition
Hurst Shifter
Longtubes
Old 05-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Master Ford Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoadVirus View Post
Sweet sweet. I guess it's not really that important to keep it as a numbers matching car with that running gear (still worth a pretty penny numbers matching, or no?)? Look forward to seeing more updates.

Well when all done i'd say it'll hopefully be a $20k car. (hope)

Ford Senior Master
Master ASE Certified
Diesel Certified
Owner/Operator of
Dave's Garage LLC
Canterbury,CT
860-546-6441