Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Body Work and Paint

Old 04-15-2008, 11:41 PM
blank

Brian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to behold
Hmm...somehow I missed this thread.

Looks like you are getting some work done. Other than the jigsaw (see in pics) how are you cutting the sheetmetal?

I have heard the little plasmas are nice for that, but never used a little one. I know the big ones would blow it apart (not in a good way).

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Master Ford Tech

d-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_B View Post
Hmm...somehow I missed this thread.

Looks like you are getting some work done. Other than the jigsaw (see in pics) how are you cutting the sheetmetal?

I have heard the little plasmas are nice for that, but never used a little one. I know the big ones would blow it apart (not in a good way).
I use a electric grinder with a 4" wheel, or i'll use my air-die grinder. Can't afford a plasma, I wish I had one would be like cutting butter. there nice.

Ford Senior Master
Master ASE Certified
Diesel Certified
Owner/Operator of
Dave's Garage LLC
Canterbury,CT
860-546-6441
Installer Of Bullet Proof Diesel Products

Click for Jewett City, Connecticut Forecast
Old 04-16-2008, 02:25 PM

Redlightning is on a distinguished road
Nice work.

In about 1971 or so My Dad had a 1966 Coronet 500,383 magnum,auto,gold,with black interior.I loved that car.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Master Ford Tech

d-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlightning View Post
Nice work.

In about 1971 or so My Dad had a 1966 Coronet 500,383 magnum,auto,gold,with black interior.I loved that car.
Thanks, I gotta get some more pics up. Im working on the outer wheel houses now so I can get the quaters on.

Ford Senior Master
Master ASE Certified
Diesel Certified
Owner/Operator of
Dave's Garage LLC
Canterbury,CT
860-546-6441

Old 04-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Virginia Chapter Leader

msb71 is just really nicemsb71 is just really nicemsb71 is just really nicemsb71 is just really nice
Looks good , are you using a TIG welder for the sheetmetal? thinking about going to night classes to learn how to use one... GOOD JOB.

Want to join the Va Chapter?Click here
Old 04-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Master Ford Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by msb71 View Post
Looks good , are you using a TIG welder for the sheetmetal? thinking about going to night classes to learn how to use one... GOOD JOB.
Thanks Im using a mig, right now im using flux-core wire in the places you won't see then i'll use gas for the rest.

Ford Senior Master
Master ASE Certified
Diesel Certified
Owner/Operator of
Dave's Garage LLC
Canterbury,CT
860-546-6441

Old 04-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Virginia Chapter Leader

msb71 is just really nicemsb71 is just really nicemsb71 is just really nicemsb71 is just really nice
I have the same welder setup that haven't gotten to use ( need some training) since I got it at X-mas, but looking forward to learning.

Want to join the Va Chapter?Click here
Old 04-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Master Ford Tech

Rolled the car out this is what the whole thing looks like now.

Got the new trunk lid on.

Got the old rotten wheel house cut out ready for the new one.

Heres what the new one looks like. Had to cut and modify it to fit a convertable, almost cried cutting up a $109 peice of metal...

Ford Senior Master
Master ASE Certified
Diesel Certified
Owner/Operator of
Dave's Garage LLC
Canterbury,CT
860-546-6441

Old 04-16-2008, 11:35 PM
blank

Brian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to behold
Looking good. Keep us updated as you can.

I will be using a mig as well. I have a tri-mix of gas on mine. It is a 220V Lincoln. I am hoping it will go cold enough for the thin sheet metal. I have never welded any thin stuff with it.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Master Ford Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_B View Post
Looking good. Keep us updated as you can.

I will be using a mig as well. I have a tri-mix of gas on mine. It is a 220V Lincoln. I am hoping it will go cold enough for the thin sheet metal. I have never welded any thin stuff with it.

Lots of work.
Mine is a 110v, as long as you don't try to lay a bead on the thin stuff and do it little at a time you'll be fine.

Ford Senior Master
Master ASE Certified
Diesel Certified
Owner/Operator of
Dave's Garage LLC
Canterbury,CT
860-546-6441