Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Body Work and Paint

Old 02-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Master Ford Tech

d-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to behold
Por 15

Anyone use POR 15? Just wondering how you like it and if it works well.

Ford Senior Master
Master ASE Certified
Diesel Certified
Owner/Operator of
Dave's Garage LLC
Canterbury,CT
860-546-6441
Installer Of Bullet Proof Diesel Products

Click for Jewett City, Connecticut Forecast
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2008, 04:02 PM
wuh?

A_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud ofA_G has much to be proud of
id jump over on fordification. They use that crap like its going out of style.
1988 toy 4x4 - The donor
1988 rx7 na - Totaled
2013 Yamaha FZ8
Old 02-29-2008, 08:11 PM
easy

F150 has a spectacular aura aboutF150 has a spectacular aura about
http://www.f150online.com/forums/sho...ghlight=por+15

these guys seem to know....
Old 03-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Master Ford Tech

d-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to beholdd-kuzmen is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the info. Seems that it works. Guess i'll give it a try.

Ford Senior Master
Master ASE Certified
Diesel Certified
Owner/Operator of
Dave's Garage LLC
Canterbury,CT
860-546-6441
Installer Of Bullet Proof Diesel Products

Click for Jewett City, Connecticut Forecast
Old 03-01-2008, 08:41 PM

bowtiehatr is a jewel in the roughbowtiehatr is a jewel in the roughbowtiehatr is a jewel in the roughbowtiehatr is a jewel in the rough
the only thing about por 15 is that it is extremely uv sensitive. i used rust bullet on my 79's frame and painted over with chassis black when cured. it looks like new.
6.4ing IF they tear up
Old 03-01-2008, 10:13 PM
blank

Brian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to beholdBrian_B is a splendid one to behold
The UV issue is the only one I have heard about. I have never used it myself.

My truck frame (and everything else) is coated with Eastwood's rust encapsulator. So far it has held up well (being under the truck), but it needs a top coat to protect from UV eventually.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:22 AM
PA Chapter leader

Lost is a glorious beacon of lightLost is a glorious beacon of lightLost is a glorious beacon of lightLost is a glorious beacon of lightLost is a glorious beacon of light
Works and looks great . But will want to paint over it . Just loses its black color in sunlight ( fade)

94 F150 302 MAf E4od sc long bed 4x4 3:55 LS rears
9MM Ford racing wires MSD cap & rotor and Blaster coil coil . 14-15 MPG Thanks

95 F150 300-6 auto 4x4 8 ft bed barney mobile (yep its purple) . 1 ton front coil and f260 rear leaf suspension Its the plow/firewood truck
Old 08-10-2010, 01:35 PM
War Eagle

wareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to behold
Did I read the directions on POR 15 correctly that you just remove any flaking rust and apply POR 15 directly over rust without first putting a rust neutralizer on it first?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
They do in fact claim that...but I've heard guys say that over long periods of time, the rust will come back to the surface, although I've never seen it do that. That being said, I try to at least wires brush the offending area(s) to promote the best adhesion possible.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 08-10-2010, 01:40 PM
War Eagle

wareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to beholdwareagle is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Ben. Will definitely do that first.