Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2017, 03:35 PM

Kaajot is on a distinguished road
Question Windshield Wiper Fluid Pump Not Pushing Fluid Through Line After Replacement & Was Pushing for Several Weeks

1992 F150, 4.9L 300

I replaced the Wiper Fluid Pump and Reservoir, reattched assmbly, etc. The blades move according to speed selection, and they move when pressing to request cleaning fluid.

However, the fluid again recently stopped coming on request for a cleaning swipe. I checked, no leaks, hose is attached, wiper fluid pump appears to be connected.

I replaced the CB that controls wiper connectvity in the lower left, no change -- no fluid on request.

QuestioN: Any other cbs/relays or components I should be inspecting? Else I think I'm looking at a crimped wire repair near the fluid pump by the driver side headlight (in the wiper fluid container pump slot).

Before I tear this thing apart again (since the retaining clip is what forced me to buy a new pump, the old pump worked fine but the clip is not sold separately at advance), I'd rather exhaust all other options. I'd hate to buy another pump if I damage the retaining clip when working on it.
Sponsored Links