Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 08-02-2017, 12:10 PM

roost132 is on a distinguished road
Exhaust

I was hoping to upgrade my exhaust on my 94 f150 with a 4.9 i6 as the stock one is going out. Are there any suggestions as to what would be a good route to go? I really want a low rumble without any loud screeching or popping on deceleration. Thank you for any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
The best thing to do is wander around on Youtube and find people with the same engine and different muffler amounts.

The other good rule I follow is to measure the size of the muffler (physically) against the others. Smaller is generally louder, larger is generally quieter. If you find one you like on the noise level, look for similar sized mufflers to get in the general ballpark. Aka if you like the 50 series at Flowmaster, scratch down the size and shop similar models across brands.

Ryan
Old 08-02-2017, 07:59 PM

roost132 is on a distinguished road
Thanks will do. That's a good idea

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk