Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

no hpop pressure?

Hi everyone,im new here! But anyway. My 2006 powerstroke isnt working... so it all started when itlost power and then stopped working on the road and wouldnt start anymore.i pulled it home and the next day i tried starting it. It ran but it was blowing tons of white smoke. So i found out later the egr cooler was failing big time. Replaced that,and then after that i changed the oil. So when i tried cranking it,it cranked fine but wouldnt start. I checked,and there's pressure to the second fuel filter.while i crank it, the oil gauge goes up,showing the low pressure oil side is working.i put my dads computer on it,and it shows while i crank it,the ipr duty cycle goes from 5% to 85-87%?(its been a couple weeks) and the icp shows 0 psi the whole time. I wasnt sure if maybe that sensor wasnt working correctly,so i removed it,and had another person try starting it. First tried cranking for about a second,in case if there was pressure. Then gradually cranked it longer. There is absolutely nothing. And no codes are stored either. Has anyone ran into this problem? Or does anyone have some kind of diagram showing what activates or how this certain hpop work? I have another car to get around but i really want to get it running again :headbang: ! Please and thanks!

blacksnapon

Staff member
an air check is the proper way to diagnose. Applying air pressure to the ICP hole while energizing the IPR, then listening for the air noise to change. If you don't have the facilities to do it, then I'd start by replacing the IPR (valve behind the turbo).

How do you energize the ipr? I was messing around with my dads computer and i could only find the duty cycle option for it. Do you think you can energize it manually?

i got an 04 ,mine would run then stall after about 15 miles and won't start back up again for 3 plus hrs. took it in and computer read low oil pressure. a screen came off a control valve of some sort and went throw the oil pump they think. hope not $2000.- $2500 to fix

blacksnapon

Staff member
i got an 04 ,mine would run then stall after about 15 miles and won't start back up again for 3 plus hrs. took it in and computer read low oil pressure. a screen came off a control valve of some sort and went throw the oil pump they think. hope not $2000.- $2500 to fix
Air check will be necessary. If it was the IPR screen, its after the HPOP. The symptoms you describe sound like a high pressure oil leak. The air check just pinpoints the leak.

Ford Truck Articles