Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

looked at 351 W, big lie

The lady with the burned out motor home told me the motor had 40,000 miles on it and it was an electrical fire and that I could have the motor, the c-6 and the radiator for 700.00. I drove 180 miles round trip and when I got there the carb was melted and everything bolted on the motor was burned up including the radiator. I told her that it was no electric fire and she said the carb caught on fire but that was a really good price for a long block and c-6 and it went down hill from there so I have made a change of plans.
I am going to use the t18 and put in a rebuilt 351W, will my 300 flywheel fit or will the 300 pressure plate fit the 351 fly wheel. I am sure I will have to get all the brackets from a 351W and an 8 cyl radiator but I am tired of looking at other peoples junk. the final question is, would I be better off to buy a complete junk yard motor , get the heads reworked and have all the brackets and the flywheel and get a rebuilt short block

primetime

sawmill slave
I`ve put 11 inch 300-6 clutches on 302s before. As for the flywheel, I don`t think they swap, but you can get a new flywheel for a 351w from Northern Auto for $90, other places too I`m sure.

Since you`re swapping, a junkyard engine may be best for the brackets unless you can find a parts truck. I would buy a jy engine, grab everything even remotely attached to it, then rebuild it to my liking. But that`s me.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
If you still want a 351 W I know where a few are at here in Tulsa but they will need to be rebuilt.

Pic a part has a bunch of them but I have been looking to buy a whole vehicle. o`reilly sells short and long blocks with a 3 year warranty. I am going to concentrate on Los Angeles as when one of those drugged out hippies wreck their mustang I will get the whole car. It is only about a 3 hr. drive and I will settle for a T18 and 900 hp engine

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts