Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Politics forum

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
As Ford Truck Fanatics struggles to meet the needs of it's growing membership it realizes the need for additional forums, sometimes not vehicle related.

A Politics Forum has been brought up in the past and the idea has been batted around for quite some time now. The current political climate once again brought this issue to the forefront of conversation with the Administration here at FTF.

The Ford Truck Fanatics Administrators have decided to implement a "Politics Forum". The reasoning behind it is two-fold. 1st, realizing members desire to discuss past, current and future political topics in a single civilized place could be an asset to the membership here at FTF. 2nd, realizing that FTF is a truck based website, having it's roots in talking about our common love for The Ford Truck, some members may not want to nor care to have political talk intermingeled with their topics about fixing head gaskets or installing CB Radios.

So the "Politics Forum" was created with the following rules and guidelines:
1) ALL rules at FTF will still apply in the politics forum.
2) ALL current political topics will be moved to the politics forum and ALL new political topics MUST be created in that forum. Any topic deemed political in nature by any of the FTF staff will be moved to the forum without question, at the discretion of the FTF staff.
3) Entry into the forum will be by request only. To request access into the forum PM an Admin. If you don't want to read or discuss political topics then there is no reason to apply for entry into the forum.
4) Entry into the politics forum is open to members of all ages and therefore language, discussion and topics shall NEVER exceed that of a "PG" rating.
5) Violation of the rules in the "Politics Forum" will result in removal from the usergroup. solely at the discretion of FTF administration.
6) Currently FTF Administrators and Supermods are assigned to moderate the politics forum but use and need may dictate other options be considered.

We at FTF hope this forum will be of benefit to everyone whether or not you want to talk politics. Please allow a day or so to get the user group up and running as well as getting threads moved in there.

POLITICAL FORUM

Last edited by a moderator:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
GREEEEEEEEEEAT idea guys...a big thumbs up. I've seen a couple different sites with political forums...and they definitely help. I do have a question...say you have an economic topic...simialr to Ernie's 'Time to pay attention' thread...where's that go??????? Should it stay in general...or go to Political?

Anyway...great work, and I look forward to seeing it.

Last edited:
Yeah, there are alot of things that are multifaceted like "Climate Change" where it can be a scientific issue or a political issue. Same with economics, and ethics/values/morals discussions. Might make for some interesting predicaments.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
First, I would like to thank those responsible for creating the new forum. IMO, it will be of benefit to the vast majority. Next, I would like to think that the title of a thread should and will dictate it's direction of conversation, despite the need to, at times, add politics to the matter. So long as the thread stays on topic and doesn't turn into a pure political thread, then I'd suspect things will go smoothly. Should this not be the case, then simply move the thread to to poly forum, no biggie. Remember, there is no age limit on the poly forum, nobody will be left behind.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Like mentioned there is no minimum age so topics will be moved into the politics forum at the discretion of the staff. If there is a topic you don't want in there then I sugget it stay on topic and out of politics.

Awesome....it's a great format as described.

as i stated in my PM i feel it should be a 'politics and other controverial topics' forum.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I am not going to respond to each PM about access. I will post up here when it is up and running. I already have 10 PM's or so regarding it.

I expect it to be up and running this evening or tomorrow.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Remember guys - we are doing this to get these topics out of the mainstream access so only members willing to read and participate will have to be subject to them. Aaron laid out the rules - let's stick to them. In fact, we're not even encouraging more discussion about politics. It's being moved because of the sheer VOLUME of topics being discussed.

What can be given can be taken away - so play nice and remember that most things in life are good in MODERATION.

Ryan

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I'd like to add that a few of us went out on a limb to make this happen. Don't take the rules lightly, cause it will go away quick. :D

If one was to see it, where would they find it?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'd like to add that a few of us went out on a limb to make this happen. Don't take the rules lightly, cause it will go away quick. :D

Thanks to those of you who did back that forum

BTW The forum is up and running. The folks who have PM'd me should for the most part have access now.

Got it...working fine.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts