Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

smothered with luck

I just bought a 1987 ford 250 with a 351W and C6 with 60,000 miles on it for $700.00. The motor and trans are in really good condition and the truck itself looks good, has good tires and a camper shell on it. All I have to do now is change both motors and trans and I can get my truck painted. I should get nearly that much for my 4.9 motor and T18 trans. plus what ever pic-a-part gives me for the body

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
I just bought a 1987 ford 250 with a 351W and C6 with 60,000 miles on it for $700.00. The motor and trans are in really good condition and the truck itself looks good, has good tires and a camper shell on it. All I have to do now is change both motors and trans and I can get my truck painted. I should get nearly that much for my 4.9 motor and T18 trans. plus what ever pic-a-part gives me for the body

Great find!! is it a XLT? that would be a even bigger bonus

boysmomoflabs

completely ignorant~
ooooohhhh lucky you!!!

I'd like to see some pictures!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Some guys have all the luck...I always seem to be a day late or a dollar short on transactions like that. I've bought barely rolling parts trucks for that price before.

got it home

Picked up the 1987 F250 this morning and drove it home and it is fantastic. The lady parked it because it used too much gas but it has vacuam leaks, the 4bbl. is running so rich I had to drive with the windows down and it is geared 4:10, I can take care of that. It is a shame to junk the body as it is straight and rust free and all the glass is good. I promised my wife that I would take it easy for two months after I got out of the hospital and I have two more weeks. Thanks for all the comments

Ford Truck Articles